Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Banned
9,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
very long, shtf conditions. U will NEED the .22 unit, can, concealment, one hand use, lw, compactness, GI replacable rd, etc, so you will either SWITCH, or be dead. Good riddance to the ignorant, arrogant pos's who "think" otherwise. :)

· Registered
10,278 Posts
Your inability to carry a 30 cal is well known. Just because you are weak doesn't mean everybody is. Tell us again how you can conceal a canned CAR in your pants.

RIKA

· Registered
10,958 Posts
The FN FAL was my issue rifle for 13 years, 7 of that was as an infanteer. I've carried it in the field for more days than you have spent earning an honest days paycheck

· Registered
1,945 Posts
A .30 is too heavy? No .22 unit? Do more pushups and pack a .22 pistol.

Reactions: Dorobuta

· Registered
10,958 Posts
bttt, Wannabe

· Registered
7,654 Posts
u can WISH for 30 cal, but u cant CARRY 1 very long, shtf conditions...
Yes I can, actually. My .30 caliber AR not only weighs the same as a same-size .223 caliber AR, it's actually MORE powerful at the same time.
Air gun Trigger Machine gun Gun barrel Wood

And it doesn't NEED any conversion kit to use both full-power and subsonic loads. And the .300 whisper AR15 absolutely DID exist when you wrote this. Not only did you KNOW it existed, you yourself said that it was something to be desired, and that you would use it to take out sentries silently with brain shots out to 175 yards. And it's very relevant that you said all that BEFORE you started this thread. Or did you forget that..?
...The .300 Whisper is for silencing sentries, with subsonic loads and brain shots, at up to 175m.
Point being simply that when you created this thread specifically to say that a .30-caliber rifle inherently didn't have the light weight, concealability, and compactness of a .223 rifle, you knew it wasn't true.

Good riddance to the ignorant, arrogant pos's who "think" otherwise. :)
And good luck to the petulant adolescents who let their emotional attachments cloud their choices and refuse to accept anything that wasn't invented in the 1960's.

· Administrator
2,690 Posts
one .30 caliber I do carry, and hunt with:

another .30 caliber I do carry and hunt with:

I neither need nor want the .22 unit - I'd rather not cripple my rifle. If I need a .22, I'll use a .22 pistol.

In the past you made comments about only needing 200 rounds or so, to survive. If you are correct, then GI round is meaningless in the discussion. (7.62x51 is a GI round, btw) and I can carry more than 200 rounds of that or .300 AAC Blackout.

with either weapon, I would be better off than with your shorty AR.

· Administrator
2,750 Posts
Currently,I think I have most of the "standard" .30cal cartridges. 300BO, .308WIN, .30-'06 and .300WinMag.
If set up properly and with proper support gear. None are all that difficult to carry.
And for goodness sake in my youth I drug a M-60 around the woods in Alabama for awhile. You got used to it. Sure made the M16A2'S even feel like a BB gun afterwards.

· Registered
7,654 Posts
Currently,I think I have most of the "standard" .30cal cartridges. 300BO, .308WIN, .30-'06 and .300WinMag.
I'm down to just two of those calibers, .300 blackout and .308; and not many of those. Only one .308, a bolt-action 20" carbine with scout scope; one .300bk 10" AR pistol and one 16" .300BK single-shot break-open from CVA.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts