Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
50 ft away, on a DEAD quiet, COLD night, (and TELL that it aint a rock or stick moving (from mere temperature change) A good can on a 22 auto lets you HEAR the bullet "thump" when it hits a rabbit. :) It's THAT good.

·
Registered
611 Posts
223 fan said:
50 ft away, on a DEAD quiet, COLD night, (and TELL that it aint a rock or stick moving (from mere temperature change) A good can on a 22 auto lets you HEAR the bullet "thump" when it hits a rabbit. :) It's THAT good.
Did you hear that "thump" when you shot yourself in the foot?

G

·
50 ft is about 17 yards. On a dead quite night you can hear a bush russle farther than that. So that shows stupekid is IGNORANT of the facts. So much for his canned CAR and .22 conversion unit. Another lie.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Depending on terrain, temperature, foliage, humidity, etc, one might be suprised at what they can hear. Of course one would actually have to GO outside for more than half a day to learn this.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Depends on the weather conditions Tard. In the right circumstances, you can hear the selector switch move on an M16 at more than 100 yards.

Sound is a tricky beast. You have to know how it reflects and carries in the atmosphere. To give you an idea... You may have a can on your AR but that can will do you no good on a cool humid evening. That is why having a suppressor and knowing how to use it and when to use it is important and what the differences are.

You also need to take into account the sound of the bullet impact as well.

Mike

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bullet thump is a LOT less likely to be

noticed than is the falling BODY, dummy, or the screaming when a subsonic load and non-head hit doesn't shut the guy down instantly. :) You twits dont have a clue. I never SAID, stupes, that it can't be HEARD. Learn to READ, dummies. I said you can't tell what it IS. I have $5000 to your $500 that you can't hear ME move a safety at 50 ft, punk, ANY time.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
He may not hear the safety, but the dogs will, and he will hear the tin cans filled with pebbles tied up on monofilament.

Since it's probably OK to assume that you cannot hover above the ground, he's actually more likely to hear you making noise in the bush, like stepping on a twig, than the clicking of your safety.

If he's in a really sadistic mood when he sets up camp, he'll also be hearing the super cheap and easy to make 12ga shotgun shell monofilament trip wire mines going off followed by the sound of human screaming and a CAR-15 firing spasmodically as it's owner thrashes about.

G

·
In Nam they could hear gooks jacking bolts well over 50 YARDS away. Stupekid just CAN'T HEAR, that's all. He has this 'ninja' thing in his fantacy world. Ever wonder why Beretta silenced M92s have bolt locks on the slide? That was to keep the bolts from making NOISE, stupekid. F*U*C*K*ing idiot.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
u've never HEARD a .22 unit bolt cycle,

u have no IDEA how much noise it makes, and you are STUPID enough to KEEP on claiming, in spite of evidence ANYONE can read, RIGHT HERE, that I said it can't be heard at ALL. That's NOT what I said, asshole. I said you can't TELL what that click WAS. There are MANY such noises, in the woods or in urban areas. If you go into full-alert at every creak and pop, u wont last 2 days, dumbass. You have to SLEEP, stupid. So the mind MUST "filter" noises, in such a way as to DISREGARD MOST of such tiny sounds, dumbass.

G

·
Stupekid, the woods don't go 'click' or 'ka-chunk' or have any metalic noise. Of course, stupekid would not know that as he does not go into the woods more than 1/2 day at a time. Stupekid would not even know how far a broken TWIG sends sounds in the woods. FOS is what stupekid is full of.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Re: u've never HEARD a .22 unit bolt cycle,

andy said:
u have no IDEA how much noise it makes, and you are STUPID enough to KEEP on claiming, in spite of evidence ANYONE can read, RIGHT HERE, that I said it can't be heard at ALL. That's NOT what I said, asshole. I said you can't TELL what that click WAS. There are MANY such noises, in the woods or in urban areas. If you go into full-alert at every creak and pop, u wont last 2 days, dumbass. You have to SLEEP, stupid. So the mind MUST "filter" noises, in such a way as to DISREGARD MOST of such tiny sounds, dumbass.
Only someone who hasn't spent any time inthe woods would have to filter every single sound.

If you'd spent any time in the woods, as in more than 1/2 day FTX's, you learn that there are noises that belong, and there are noises that don't. It's pretty amazing how quickly one can tell the difference.

:devil:

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Ok Tard... 2 am on a cool lake front with high humidity. Not only will I hear the safety, I'll hear you breathe too unless you're really good and you aren't.

Mike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts