Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I'm still wondering where you get the 70 - 80 lbs figure?

BTW, my bug out 'bag' weighs about 7500 lbs fully loaded.

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
My bag weighs 29 pounds, but that doesn't include weapons & water.

Even at that weight, I wouldn't want to "run & gun" with the pack on, if I had any option.

·
Registered
378 Posts
My personal kit weighs 25lb, dry plus a mountain bike to haul it around. If you add in water, and food(not stored in bag as readily available to stuff in), then you reach a 40lb level which is managable for me. I am 5',5.5",weigh in at 171lb, and will be 40yrs old in 6mo, but am still in good shape as I spent the first 10yrs after High School on active duty. The Bike carries 50lb of gear that is attached to it, and doesnt weigh me down for "Running, and Gunning" :nyah:

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
I don't think Andy understands the concept of layering your gear. If necessary, you can shed a layer and continue the fight. (should be several layers)

When you're fighting for your life, any gear is useless if you don't survive.

So you survive the encounter first, and then worry about replacing or recovering shed gear.

Or, at least that's they way I understand it to work.

So, the first layer includes a vehicle. if necessary, the vehicle is abdandoned and I hoof it. If I need to run away, then the big pack gets dropped, leaving me with my web gear and fanny pack. If it still need to go lightweight and higher speed, then it gets dropped and I still have the stuff attached to my belt.

If shedding that becomes necessary, then I've probably already lost.

Is it me, or is this in the wrong forum?

:devil:

·
Registered
9,761 Posts
So gunkid, you big , bad survivalist you. Post a detailed kit list of what you have packed, ready to go AT THIS MOMENT! Then we will have an intelligent discussion on the merits of each others kit.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Garand, with is bad back I doubt he carrys anything other than his big mouth. He just 'thinks' his SHTF dreams.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
At least he admits he was never a grunt, or he'd really look stupid.
It wasn't out of the ordinary to go out with 80 pound packs and not unheard of to go as heavy as 120 pounds. Does he really think people don't ditch it when fighting time comes?

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Magnum88C said:
At least he admits he was never a grunt, or he'd really look stupid.
It wasn't out of the ordinary to go out with 80 pound packs and not unheard of to go as heavy as 120 pounds. Does he really think people don't ditch it when fighting time comes?
Jesue Christe, DON'T remind me! I think my ruck weighed more than I did.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Terry G said:
Jesue Christe, DON'T remind me! I think my ruck weighed more than I did.
I know the feeling! I once weighed all my weapons ang gear in Korea on a doctors scale. It weighed 86 pounds.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Gee, after being proved a liar so many times you'd think GK would give it a rest. He would have to stop for a rest after carrying his keyboard and monitor for 100 yds.

RIKA

·
Registered
9,761 Posts
I must have asked him to provide a detailed kit list 50 of more times in the last few months. It can't be that big a list after all exactly how big is a "barney backpack"?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts