Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
men HUNTING you, and you can't lug the CAR, instead of a chipmunk? No need of the 4 lbs of body armor, or lots of 223, or .22lr for hiking. No need of the 1911 and its 5 lbs (counting all the stupid spare mags full of 230 gr ammo) So you can be carrying 40 lbs, not my 50 lbs. So, there's room for 26 lbs of food, and a REAL life saving rifle, dumb-ass, and still be no heavier than the 70 lbs you CLAIM to be able to "run and gun" with. :)

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
u live in a dream world if you think that the Rockies won't be FULL of riflemen, post shtf, every last one of whom will shoot every last man he sees with a long range rifle.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Please provide a DETAILED kit list of what you have packed AT THIS MOMENT and we will discuss it. Otherwise your a lame WANNABE !!!!

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
andy said:
men HUNTING you, and you can't lug the CAR, instead of a chipmunk? No need of the 4 lbs of body armor, or lots of 223, or .22lr for hiking. No need of the 1911 and its 5 lbs (counting all the stupid spare mags full of 230 gr ammo) So you can be carrying 40 lbs, not my 50 lbs. So, there's room for 26 lbs of food, and a REAL life saving rifle, dumb-ass, and still be no heavier than the 70 lbs you CLAIM to be able to "run and gun" with. :)
1) Where do you get the foolish idea that I recreationally backpack with 70lbs on my back?

2) Come any 'shtf' I won't be recreationally backpacking.

3) Unlike you, I'm smart enough to not set out on foot as my first option so in case of 'shtf'. So,yes, I'll primarily be carrying ammo. You'd be a fool not to.

4) Yes, unlike an old geezer such as yourself, I CAN carry that much.

5) You don't know shit about backpacking, that's obvious.

6) I know things like actually 'doing it' are alien to you, but some of us actually backpack BEFORE 'shtf' for the fun, the experience, and the exercise.

·
Registered
657 Posts
NPR recently aired an interview with Ann Garels (sp) she is a 41 yrs old reporter who just returned from Faluja Iraq. During her stay there 2 months she was with a marine battalion and she carried her own gear, 60lbs full time. Now that may not be the same as if SHTF, but if a 41yr old woman can manage it, (I'm not putting women down just making a point) I'll bet most people can do it if they set there mind to it.
Unless you've been living off your old lady and drawing SSI that is.
Also unlike John, Andy, GK, Erika, or whoever he is this week. I don't think that everyone will be playing the rabid killer, I actually believe that the breakdown of order may create some rather large groups which come together for security. And while most anyone will kell to protect themselves most people will not kill just to be doing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts