Arms Locker banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now think about 300 stores, 10 types of food per store, many different types, all of it perishable. Guess WHAT? bILLIONS of $ rotting on the shelves and on the rr cars, hundreds of thousands of guys out of work. 10 guys could do that in a WEEK, with about zero risk to themselves. 2 in the states with small populations, 10 in states with lots of people. Presto, nobody's buing ANYTHING that aint in a metal can.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
I'm sorry, but it would be solved very quickly and you'd be caught.

Perishable food would be put behind a barricade where you could not get to it. YOu'd be able to buy it. but not handle it.

The people responsible would be caught, just like the tylenol guy was. You start killing civilians, and you best hope it's the feds that catch you and not someone that lost a loved one.

Your plan wouldn't work for other reasons, but that's ok.

BTW, it's already been tried, and fairly recently. And everyone involved was caught.

:devil:

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
It would be a whole lot simplier to infect about 100 guys with Ebola or some other highly contagious virus and turn them loose here in the USA. Just the panic would do drastic harm to the economy, let alone the measure taken to find, diagnose and then quarantine the people that caught it.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
A genuine bio attack with anything weapons grade would be a disaster. Two years ago (I think), they did a three day training exercise in Denver (I may be wrong on the city). They shut it down after the first day because they'd lost all containment.

All it takes is one person getting on a plane or making it past the quarantine zone and it's over.

Ebola would probably be the worst choice as a weapon:

The mechanism is uses to spread isn't understood yet. The mortality rate is in the 90+% range. No cure exists.

An ideal weapon is one that is somewhere in the 70-80% mortality range, spreads very quickly, but also burns out quickly. Probably airborne, but easily killed by UV to limit secondary infections, has a viable antidote / vaccination. Once people die, you don't want them to be able to infect others.

You want to wipe out a lot of people quickly, but not put something in play that can come back and kill you too. You also want it to not leave the place uninhabitable.

I think it's the Brits that did all their anthrax testing on some island that is now uninhabitable - I guess the anthrax spores can lie dormant for years.

My two cents.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
There's a way JD might cause some of the chaos he's wanting to do but so far I've yet to hear him mention it.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
The whole concept of causing the chaos makes no sense to me in the first place.

You would be killing a whole bunch of innocent people - why?

You would end up being hated by just about every single person in the country.

The feds would want you dead for two reasons - you're causing damage, and whoever bags you is a hero for the people.

Normal people would want you dead for hurting, killing their loved ones, and for any loss of income you caused them.

Whatever you might think your motivation is for doing something that dispicable, you'd be stupid to even want to try it.

I don't know if GK thinks he'd be some kind of hero if he did that stuff, but he'd end up dead. His best hope would be that the feds caught him - at least they'd be humane about how they executed him.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
The mechanism is uses to spread isn't understood yet. The mortality rate is in the 90+% range. No cure exists.
Enough is known about how Ebola spreads to spread it quite effectively. It is spread by contact with the bodily fluids (including blood, sweat and tears - no pun intended) from both live or dead victims. It is EXTREMELY contagious, and all you need do is contact those bodily fluids to contract the disease. This would make Ebola easily spread by those willing to be suicide attackers. They needs not even be infected but only need have a supply of the fluids containing the virus.

Once people die, you don't want them to be able to infect others.
Of course you would want people to keep dying from the disease if your goal was annihilation of your enemy. Do you really think that Muslim extremist terrorists want we Americans to survive. Visit some of their web sites when you can find them, it will enlighten you as to their desired goal - wiping out anyone who will not convert, and to be accomplished within 20 years at most was what I saw when I visited a few of them.

Back to Ebola: Even if Ebola was not so easily spread, think about the mass panic that would follow even just a few cases of this disease once the public learned that those cases were spread by terrorists intent on infecting the population. Terror is the key concept here, and such a scenario would certainly instill terror so much so that the G would panic just to make it look as if they were in control.

Now as for GK doing this, I think maybe you missed his point and took his post personally as if he were writing about himself having a desire to do this. I think that was not his point, although I could be wrong. I think his point was this could be done, by him or by anyone with the know how, as the opportunity is there to do it.

One of the few things that probably prevents this from happening with a super infectious element is that it could potentially spread to the rest of the world in our day of daily transoceanic flights by the hundreds. Of course, the religious psychos may not even let this deter them as they will believe they are protected by their god(s). Who can tell.

If such an attack does take place, and we are caught undefended, then I believe we should let loose just as the Russians under Kruschev had planned to do. They knew they could not win a nuclear war and they planned not to let anyone win if one started. So if our enemies unleash a doomsday type rampage upon us, we may as well hit em right back and let the roaches rule...

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
He has written about this subject many times, and about breaking his buddies out of prison to do it. I take it personally, because he has stated rather openly in the past that he could/would do it.

Actually as far as spreading the ebola through contact with bodily fluids, there's still some debate over that being the mechanism or not. for most hemorragics this is true, but my (limited) understanding is that ebola is still a puzzle.

Good news is, you can kill it with lysol... bad news, breathing lysol can kill you. They pretty much bombed the building in reston with lysol before tearing it down. It is the only strain of ebola named for a US city - ebola reston. (Reston VA.)

Even if you wanted to kill every single person in america, you would not use a weapon that could turn around and bite you on your a**, unless you're an idiot - which pretty much describes the suicide bombers.

I think enough of them realize that if we really wanted to, we could vaporize mecca, mt arafat, and a few other places...

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Glenn says: "If such an attack does take place, and we are caught undefended"

Unfortunately I think that we will be caught undefended. Our Civil Defense has been dead for years because of the govt. Homeland Security is a joke and eyewash for the average person else why not close the borders or make it tougher to get into the US. The only people who have any semblance of protection are our politicians and high level bureacrats and those who are very rich. With the exception of people who are on boards like this we are all screwed and there is nothing we can do about it on a large scale.

Sorry folks, my .02

RIKA

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
With the way stores have survanence cameras anybody as stupid as the starter of this thread would be traced fairly easy. Several would-be poisoners have been caught that way. Lots of over-the-counter meds are now tamper-proof to an extent. No the doer would be caught.

Terrorist know that and think a bit more ahead than our resident terrorist here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts