Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
u don't even know what a P.I.P. IS, much

less know what it means. The acronym is Jeff's, for "Post Ignition Push". In order to make truly fast repeat hits, with a real load in a real ccw pc, you HAVE to be forcing down the gun from recoil, or you can't get any sort of speed of repeat hit. So just because you see the gun move when you drop the hammer(and the gun is unloaded, unbeknownst to you) does NOT mean that the movement is necessarily a flinch. When I once caught Jeff Cooper in such a "dip" of his muzzle, and asked him publicly:"Hey Jeff, was THAT a PIP?", his reply was:"What matters is where the bullet goes!" :)

About the only time Jeff was ever seen to be publicly at a loss for words was when I was doing groin stretches,(in prep to try hurdling the 4 ft wall of the Cooper Assault Course, for the 78 IPSC Nationals. Jeff got perturbed that I was in effect "cheating" by trying to be ready for such an event, (and not harm myself trying) so he walked up to me and kicked some sand at me. He said:" If you dont stop that, I'm going to...". I was in ZERO mood for his bs, so I looked him in the eye", and said:"Sir, I"ll put you on your butt". :) He got ALL flustered-looking, turned and left me. I was in shock, actually, thinking"Did I really just say THAT, to JEFF COOPER?" :) Sheesh, sometimes I have way too much more testestosorone than I have good sense.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Yes, we know what a P.I.P is so what does your statement mean?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I thought P.I.P. ment Picture In Picture?As in a TV set feature?

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
andy said:
About the only time Jeff was ever seen to be publicly at a loss for words was when I was doing groin stretches...
This begs for a joke. I'm trying to be good, but it's really hard to behave. :dgrin:

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I bet Cooper saw you expose yourself to others gunkid. That would put alot of people for a loss of words.

·
Registered
9,700 Posts
Another fantasy, Yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts