Arms Locker banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
want it on game animals. You want the blood trail that the exit wound provides, and you want the pneumo-thorax(collapse of the lungs) caused by having an exit wound. The entrance wound is often "closed over" by the skin, when the animal moves. The expanded jhp, to exit thru skin, needs 60+ ft lbs, and if it also breaks a rib on the way out of the body, it needed another 40+ ft lbs. so if your bullet DOES exit a man, it wasted at LEAST 60,, and probaby 100+ ft lbs of its potential power. That energy is FAR better used a couple of inches shorter, still in the vitals. Nearly all pistol loads have minimal power, shouldn't be wasting any of it.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Fackler already disproved the myth of depositing energy. I want as large an entrance and exit hole on any person I shoot as possible.

Andy, you claim to have been shot in the beltbuckle by a .45

Your body absorbed 100% of the energy, yet here you are typing away. (assuming it wasn't made up bs.) Your own posting disproves the myth.

Damage and desruction is what kills.

:devil:

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Aslan said:
Fackler already disproved the myth of depositing energy. I want as large an entrance and exit hole on any person I shoot as possible.

::snip::

Damage and desruction is what kills.

:devil:
Wut he said!

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
andy said:
want it on game animals. You want the blood trail that the exit wound provides, and you want the pneumo-thorax(collapse of the lungs) caused by having an exit wound.
And tell us why you wouldn't want that on a feral human you were trying to ghost?

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
GunKid knows nothing about terminal ballistics. His opinion is utterly worthless.

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn !!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts