Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
you'll call in enemies, and be out of ammo in a week, no matter HOW much ammo you THINK you've got stockpiled. You won't know if it's a skunk, a guy crawling, or a guy walking. So where do you AIM, hmmm? Even if you do know the general area he's in, do you figure on him being standing? If you do, and he's crawling, you fire over his head. If you aim 6" above what you THINK is "ground level", and dont hit his ankle, he'll dive off to one side, behind a tree, and then YOUR blasts and flashes let him fire his blastless and flashless rds ACCURATELY at you. :) Even in the daylight, it doesn't take a lot of brush to hide a guy, to hide a stump or stone or gully that provides him with PERFECT cover, while you waste all your ammo firing at what you can't see. You focus on him all day long, and somebody that your noise "called in" will shoot you in the back, like the idiot that you are. Brush deflects lots of bullets, including 45-70 and 308, and at your first shot, he's either diving prone, or running-diving for cover. So if your first shot aint a solid hit, you will be most unlikely to hit him, except by luck, and now he knows of you, and probably knows your location, too.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Nonsese! No experienced person acts that way.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Gunkid knows nothing of night movement or tactics. I can just see him diving off the trail into a cluster of punji sticks. What an ignoramous.

RIKA

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Given your complete inexperience in fieldcraft, I can understand where your fantasy originates.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Don't worry gunkid, I'll just shoot when you stumble around in the dark, tripping over old fence line, gopher holes, dead falls, and the like. Won't be hard to know it's you. We will hear you cussing as you hit your face on the ground after tangling in barbed wire. You will yell and cry about your bad back being hurt more.

Easy pickings. Only thing is I don't have a use for a 11" POSCAR rifle.

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
I'm sure some parts of it could be salvaged for a proper rifle, that is little miss "gawds gift to gunsmiths" hasn't butchered it up to badly.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
It's amazing how NUTTY JOHN knows everybody will act/react in night operations. I wonder what magazine he's reading now?

·
Registered
54 Posts
NIGHT OPS

I guess the whole point of this thread is to state the obvious: If you don't know what you are doing either get training or hook up with people who are trained. When all is said and done the people who survive are the ones with training and the intelligence to use it.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
You are right Garand. I'm pretty sure some of the springs and pins won't be to butchered up. Might also pick up some mags and ammo for batering.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
andy said:
you'll call in enemies, and be out of ammo in a week, no matter HOW much ammo you THINK you've got stockpiled. You won't know if it's a skunk, a guy crawling, or a guy walking. So where do you AIM, hmmm? Even if you do know the general area he's in, do you figure on him being standing? If you do, and he's crawling, you fire over his head. If you aim 6" above what you THINK is "ground level", and dont hit his ankle, he'll dive off to one side, behind a tree, and then YOUR blasts and flashes let him fire his blastless and flashless rds ACCURATELY at you. :) Even in the daylight, it doesn't take a lot of brush to hide a guy, to hide a stump or stone or gully that provides him with PERFECT cover, while you waste all your ammo firing at what you can't see. You focus on him all day long, and somebody that your noise "called in" will shoot you in the back, like the idiot that you are. Brush deflects lots of bullets, including 45-70 and 308, and at your first shot, he's either diving prone, or running-diving for cover. So if your first shot aint a solid hit, you will be most unlikely to hit him, except by luck, and now he knows of you, and probably knows your location, too.
This is a recycled post, that never loses it's goofiness.

1) only an idiot fires at every (or any noise) they hear, simply on the basis it is a noise.

2) if you can see well enough to manuever in the dark, guess what there's enough light to id and shoot you with well aimed fire.

3) if he hides behind a stump or in a gully, his position is now fixed and he can be flanked. And you chide us for not being lone wolves.

4) at the first shot, he has no idea if he is moving in or out of harms way.

5) perfect cover? I guess you didn't do your set up very well (yes, situations often dictate the terms), you set up camp or a position so that you have the ability to bring in overlapping fire from more than one person. Kinda reduces the effectiveness of the stump. Of course, you being all alone pretty much rules out a lot of defensive options for you.

6) fire is going to attract people. After the initial round of everyone shooting at everyone else and at anything that moves, people won't be fast to run towards fire. The ones left alive after the free for all that you claim will happen, will smarten up. (besides, history says you're wrong on this one too.)

entertaining read, as always. Same old shoot at noises in the dark post. I get the impression that you might be afraid of the dark, which is why you think it makes you invulnerable.

:devil:

·
Registered
9,831 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Nonsese! No experienced person acts that way.
it's becoming more and more clearer with every post of his that I read, that:
  1. he is afraid of the dark
  2. he doesn't know anything about long range shooting
  3. he is afraid of any weapon with recoil greater than a .223
  4. he thinks a suppressor will make him invisible
  5. he doesn't understand tactics
  6. he has never seen actual combat
  7. he believes that thought is a viable replacement for actually doing something
  8. he believes (prays?) everyone is as inept as he is
  9. he puts stupid constraints on anything he doesn't like: standing around in the open, shooting at noises, blindly shooting into barriers, etc.
  10. he cannot face reality, he cannot accept that there are people who have actually "been there, done that"
he is a sad caricature of an internet poser.

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
u fire at every twig snap in the dark woods.

you'll call in enemies, and be out of ammo in a week...
Who recommended doing this, or said they were planning to do so?

Reactions: BigEd

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
it's becoming more and more clearer with every post of his that I read, that:
  1. he is afraid of the dark
  2. he doesn't know anything about long range shooting
  3. he is afraid of any weapon with recoil greater than a .223
  4. he thinks a suppressor will make him invisible
  5. he doesn't understand tactics
  6. he has never seen actual combat
  7. he believes that thought is a viable replacement for actually doing something
  8. he believes (prays?) everyone is as inept as he is
  9. he puts stupid constraints on anything he doesn't like: standing around in the open, shooting at noises, blindly shooting into barriers, etc.
  10. he cannot face reality, he cannot accept that there are people who have actually "been there, done that"
he is a sad caricature of an internet poser.
On the positive side his life expectancy in a real world situation during SHTF would be about 10 minutes less than that of a 2nd Lieutenant.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
and if I have night vision and can see exactly what I'm aiming at?

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Watching an hearing Mel stumbling through the brush would really be something.
I have a mental image of him crawling around all night in the dark, collapsing exhausted before the sun comes up only to discover he is 30 yds from where he started.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts