Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
WTF are you talking about?
I have tax stamps, and if I need to pay a tax on magazines, we will see.

NFA is not an annual fee.

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
Who said anything about selling firearms? I've only bought during the last 12 months.

Reactions: gripper

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
He evidently has started mid-thought, once again proving he has no self-control or discipline of any sort.

There is zero chance that he is a competent martial arts instructor. To be proficient, requires self-control, and a certain mind set. He is too chaotic and has demonstrated repeatedly an inability to even follow simple instructions and protocols.

I'm of the impression that someone took his money, gave him some lessons, and gave him a participation award, like what you'd do with a small child. In his mind he is now a black belt because he has thought about it a lot.

like everything else, if he is a black belt, it would be a simple matter to prove. All the systems have associations that track and register black belts. This eliminates fraud.

Any moron can claim to be a black belt. You'd be surprised at how many do. Usually when called on it, they scurry like roaches, or make up implausible excuses as to why the aren't in any registry.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Right now I got enough really more than enough firearms and magazines.

Well my klunker bolt action in gasp .308 could use about 3-4 Magpul 5 or 10 Rd ones.
Probably better off with 4 of each. Right now it's got a 5rd AI mag and a 10rd Magpul one.

But for my other guns I've plenty.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Is that .308 the round that bounces off things?
Yeah it won't hurt a butterfly.

But the noise will shatter boulders, give you a horrendous flinch and it make crocodiles cry.

Funny how the 5.56NATO round had to go to a 62gr penetrator bullet to try to equal a standard 7.62NATO round in penetration.

Just for the record I'm a fan of both.
And most rifles in both.

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
I’ve sold off a fair number of guns in the last 8-10 months, probably nine or ten in all. I also sold off around 4k rounds of ammo to a local gun shop, stuff that I had more than a lifetime supply of and will never miss.

I’ve also bought some guns in the same time frame. A cmmg banshee pistol and a same-caliber cmmg resolute upper. Also an HK P30sk, a CZ P01, a second 357 levergun (one a nicer stainless version with 24” octagon barrel), and possibly one or two I’m forgetting; honestly don’t recall off the top of my head.

But if your ‘pussy’ test is owning autorifles and standard capacity magazines, you realize that you just called yourself a pussy..? Because you don’t, do you?

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
John, still prefer the HK over the P-01? What's better?

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
I ‘like’ the cz better, but carry the hk daily.

It may be a nostalgia thing, but there’s something about a metal frame that I just like better than polymer. But the hk’s 10, 13, and 15 round magazine options make it the more versatile imo. With the 10 rounder it’s right at the same size as a glock 26, and with a 15 rounder it’s about the size of a g19. I carry with a 13 and it’s one of those goldilocks ‘just right’ things.

The hk’s trigger is better as well. The cz’s is completely fine, but the hk is smoother and possibly lighter as well. Main thing I like about both of them over glock is their less radical grip angle. It’s more like a 1911’s grip; not the steeper luger-like grip angle of the glock.

Biggest issue for both has been limited holster offerings because they’re just not as common as a lot of guns. I’ve had a safariland 6280 on order for the cz since probably two months ago, and it isn’t expected to ship till mid december.

All that said, while the hk has become my edc gun, I wouldn’t have any qualms about switching to the cz at all. Honestly, even though glock has been my main edc gun for nearly 20 years and duty gun for ten of that, at this stage of life I’d consider getting rid of all my glocks except maybe the 43, if it wasn’t for all the ripple effects of doing so. Decades’ worth of holsters & accessories, other guns that use glock magazines, etc, things like that. Plus I really like a hammer fired gun over striker fired as well, but that’s admittedly subjective personal preference.

If anyone asked me, I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend the p30sk and cz p01 both, unreservedly, to anyone looking for a compact da/sa 9mm pistol. Imo, they both are great for edc use or range use either one.

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
Just checked online - the cz holster order was from October 9th, so not quite two months now. They're showing an expected ship date of December 11; no way to know if that's realistic, but nobody had anything better at the time I was looking, so it is what it is.

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
I bought a custom from e.b. leather long ago. Still good as new. It took 16 weeks as I recall, I got another from the same outfit for my CZ 97b, It was a little quicker but not much.

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
I have a concealment holster for it; this 6280 is a belt holster for range, woods, etc. Don't have a range-oriented holster for the HK yet either. I may end up buying one made for the longer-barreled P30 if I don't find something specifically for the P30SK.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Yeah it won't hurt a butterfly.

But the noise will shatter boulders, give you a horrendous flinch and it make crocodiles cry.

Funny how the 5.56NATO round had to go to a 62gr penetrator bullet to try to equal a standard 7.62NATO round in penetration.

Just for the record I'm a fan of both.
And most rifles in both.
in one of his posts, he claimed to be getting about 2500 out of his short AR, slightly less than a 7.62 x 51 round at 2560 (might be 2650, I'm too lazy to look right now...)

he eliminates the primary advantage of the .223 by slowing it down. Given the relatively small load out for ammo, he'd be better off with the .308, or at least a .300 Blackout, performance wise.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
in one of his posts, he claimed to be getting about 2500 out of his short AR, slightly less than a 7.62 x 51 round at 2560 (might be 2650, I'm too lazy to look right now...)

he eliminates the primary advantage of the .223 by slowing it down. Given the relatively small load out for ammo, he'd be better off with the .308, or at least a .300 Blackout, performance wise.
I agree for what he wants to do.

I know when I tested the velocities of M193 ball and M855 they were close out of a 10.5"bbl.

The 55gr averaged 2680fps and the 62gr 2630fps.

Just giving the testing done of "The GI round" or rounds he's salivating over.

Even though in the past he's mentioned some Nosler Partition load that's supposed to do everything the .22 unit can't. So he's got two wonder weapons in one.:eek3:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
I have ARs in .223, .300 Black out, and .308 - any of them would do in a survival situation.

If I was going short barrel, then my suppressed .300 with the 10.5" barrel would be the way to go. Very quiet, not losing any performance by going short barrel. In it's envelope, it is more than adequate for man or beast.

I'm just not obsessed with one answer or another. I know I can live out of my pack, in just about any conditions you'll find in the lower 48. I know, because I've done it.

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
John, still prefer the HK over the P-01? What's better?
I ‘like’ the cz better, but carry the hk daily.
I was shooting the CZ & HK both the other day and was reminded of this thread. I've actually come to like the HK better of the two. The CZ is functionally great, but with the mid-size 13-rd magazine in place the HK just fits better, and also conceals slightly better. The HK's trigger is definitely better as well; this was the first time I'd shot them side by side, and while the CZ trigger is fine, the HK's buries it. In fairness it may be due to the extra use that the HK has had that the CZ hasn't yet.

After the election I briefly switched from the HK back to the G43, but shortly afterward went right back to the HK again. It's no more uncomfortable to carry all day, fits my hand substantially better, and has substantially higher capacity.

Even with all the selling-off of stuff I've been doing lately, I doubt I'll get rid of either one of them though; they're both very good. Fact is, if it weren't for having a couple carbines that use glock magazines and the amount of other glock-related holsters & accessories that have piled up over 20+ years, I'd actually be very seriously considering getting rid of my glocks.

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
I was shooting the CZ & HK both the other day and was reminded of this thread. I've actually come to like the HK better of the two. The CZ is functionally great, but with the mid-size 13-rd magazine in place the HK just fits better, and also conceals slightly better. The HK's trigger is definitely better as well; this was the first time I'd shot them side by side, and while the CZ trigger is fine, the HK's buries it. In fairness it may be due to the extra use that the HK has had that the CZ hasn't yet.

After the election I briefly switched from the HK back to the G43, but shortly afterward went right back to the HK again. It's no more uncomfortable to carry all day, fits my hand substantially better, and has substantially higher capacity.

View attachment 13899

Even with all the selling-off of stuff I've been doing lately, I doubt I'll get rid of either one of them though; they're both very good. Fact is, if it weren't for having a couple carbines that use glock magazines and the amount of other glock-related holsters & accessories that have piled up over 20+ years, I'd actually be very seriously considering getting rid of my glocks.
And I keep going back to the P-01. I bought the Glock 17 and didn't really care for it. If I want full size it's the CZ 75b. In the colder months it's the 97b or Glock 21. I have the CZ 75 D Compact and the 75 Compact. I even tried the Hellcat which is as fine sub-compact as you can find, but I just feel more comfortable with the P-01.

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
Getting back to Melvin's original point, wasn't Sleepy Joe going to tax everyone's firearms at one time?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts