Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
that's all. You are EMBARRASSED to admit it, so you attack the IDEA, showing what a dipshit you are.

·
Registered
6,042 Posts
Seriously, wouldn't it be just as effective, along with easier & cheaper, to do the split-nose thing with a .357 sig, .38 super, etc; where it's easier to get brass & such?

What I'm saying is why "must" it be in .356?

·
Registered
9,846 Posts
Do they make a 1911 in .357 Sig??

·
Registered
657 Posts
If Johns 356 is so great how come no military or law enforcement organization uses them. That's the thing with a lot of John's claims I just can't believe they are half as good as he claims or he wouldn't be the only one claiming he uses them.
If it's too good to be true, then it probably is.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Garand said:
Since they make .40 S&W 1911s, I'm sure there's an aftermarket barrel out there for the .357 Sig

·
Registered
378 Posts
Why bother with a wildcat, when factory loads in .357sig are becoming more readilly available, and dont tell me that you cant get it at wallyworld so its not a good round, because you cant buy .356 s*it nose either.

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Garand said:
Yeah, Barsto makes them. http://www.barsto.com/category_main.cfm?ID=COLT

They put a .357 Sig barrel in my Beretta 96 and hand fitted it for me. They did one hell of a nice job on that gun. I should get off my duff and send some more guns to them to have them do some work for me. Heck, I just noticed that they will convert the Walther P99 to .357 Sig! Now I think I would like that!

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
He likes the extinct and short lived .356 TSW round because he saw it in a gun mag while in the slam and you can chamber it in a gun evidently simply by reaming out the chamber on a 9mm barrel to accept a longer casing.

According to JD, everyone on Earth lies wildly about their specs and you always get by while massively overloading weapons (like no one but him ever thought of trying any of this stuff).

This is .356TSW obsession kind of blatantly silly since you can pretty much get just as good of performance out of a .357 Sig.

If ammo interchangeability is your thing, the Glock .40 and .357 pistols use the same exact frame, just a different barrel.

The Glock 9mm barrels won't fit those frames but you can get aftermarket 9mm barrels that will and they evidently work fine cycling 9mm ammo out of .40/.357 mags.

The Glock swaps out it's slide probably faster than any locking breach centerfire pistol, so putting a .22 kit on one is a no-brainer and fast. Simply swap the slide and put the .22LR mag in.

·
Registered
6,042 Posts
Since glock 9mm's and .40's use the same frame, and 40's and .357's use the same frame, would it be feasible to convert from 9mm (for cheap ammo) to .357 (for more power) and back...? The .22 kit would be a nice addition as well.

I suspect there'd be slide-face issues with the 9mm/.357 swap; probably mandating a complete upper swap.

Never checked into it, as the increase from 9mm to .357 sig (IMO) isn't a huge thing if using top-end 9mm loads. Federal and Winchester both list their .357sig 125-grainers at 1350, for 505 ft/lbs. The +P+ ammo in 9mm comes pretty close to that. The old ones I clocked from my G19 clocked 1210 fps (127-grainers); for 413 ft/lbs. (22% difference; relevant, but not huge.)

The new 127 +P+ load from winchester supposedly hits right at 1,300 fps from both a glock 19 and a BHP. Never clocked them myself, but have come across more than one review stating very similar numbers. (Winchester doesn't list the numbers for the +P+ stuff on their website.) If the reviews are accurate, that 127-grainer @ 1,300 fps is 477 ft/lbs; only 6% less than the .357 sig, without any hassles of modifications, conversions, or new slides, etc. These new ones are what I carry, but haven't had a chrono in the time since they switched from the old load to the new, so I haven't been able to check it personally.

Even if no "better" than the old ones, it's still respectable power, especially for a compact, lightweight gun, especially one that has a 16-round capacity.

Obviously, if you're using a 9mm pistol that can't use +P+ ammo, the difference in the two calibers is greater.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no, lames, the 357 does NOT come with the Split Nose bullet, nor does it come in a SINGLE ACTION pocket gun, lames. If youcould READ, you'd know all that, cause i've only posted it about 50x now. In the BELT gun, you can have the 460, so why settle for 356, or 357, hmmm? dumbasses.

The military doesn't CARE if they lose a fewguys because of the lack of power of the handgun. They don't even care if they lose lots more guys from the lack of sp ammo in the rifle. They have lots more lames like YOU that they can always get to charge mg nests, etc.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Your magic ammo doesn't exit. Get over it. NOTHING comes with a split nose bullet, NO guns come chambered in the .356. What you can't understand is that there are very effective bullets out there, much better than a POS superlight tin bullet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts