Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if u r, you have 356 TSW prefrags in your pocket gun, and you fire many thousands of rds a year at relevant practice (ie, very fast, inside 10 ft) If you're not, you might as well just have a M21 Beretta .22 in your pocket, because you are just bluffing, regardless of what gun, load, or rig you choose. You're just a plinker, hoping he never has to fire. All the .32's, 380's, 38 snubs, and Mak's are just bluff's. Deep down, everyone knows that they are just as likely to fail to stop as the .22lr is. They just can't make themselves CONSCIOUSLY admit that fact. It's like having 6". You "feel superior to a guy who "only has 4", but what you WISH you had is 8". :)

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Wrong. I don't bluff though I might pull off at the last minute if the danger ceases. As for the MAK, snubby etc. you are just so blind that you can only see your own tiny part of the picture. Too bad superman. Remember what happened to Christopher Reeve.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
If you're not, you might as well just have a M21 Beretta .22 in your pocket, because you are just bluffing, regardless of what gun, load, or rig you choose.
I see your point, but I'm hedging that getting perforated with 124gr +P 9mm Golden Sabers is a pretty good bluff, maybe even convincing him to play dead for a long, long time. :D

·
Registered
86 Posts
So many are serious enough that they succeed with sub-calibers (by that I mean mainstream 9mm, .40, .45 etc or even .38s!).

C'mon, I know you know better. ;)

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
caliber is one thing, SIZE, wt and continuous carry is another. Where is your 10mm when you are working out, running, etc, hmm? I'd even bet it aint ON you at work. BIG chunks of the day. Pocket gun can always be there, everywhere and all the time.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
With 9mm top loads giving well over 90 percent one shot stops and even .38 spl. achieving high 80 percent stops, then I would say that's serious enough in my book.

Being serious has nothing to do with what load you pick. Your training and mental attitude is what makes you serious. People who talk all about pet loads or guns as 'the' answer are the ones not serious. They "think" equipment will solve the problem. And gunkid, you are not a serious shooter in anybodys book.

·
Registered
9,706 Posts
You choice in handgun is irrelevant, everybody's body makeup is different. Shot placement is what is relevant,NOT NOT some WONDER BULLET!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts