Arms Locker banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My trunk buddy-Springfield M1 Garand! Its all Springfield parts and came from the CMP. My other U.S. Rifle Springfield M1 * :bomb:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Word of the Day

:wavey: ...... Timidi mater non flet !

Attachments

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Your CMP Springy's wood looks much nicer than my CMP Springy's wood. Did you refinish it or get a new stock?

RIKA :)

·
Registered
246 Posts
Gunners762 I am turning green with envy. You are getting some nice rifles there. The CMP also has the last stock of ammo on enblocs that I know of. It's not cheap but before they released it gunshow shysters were hawking enblocs for a dollar a piece.

·
Registered
9,591 Posts
Very pretty, but it needs a 1907 sling!!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wowzers! That thing is sexy. You got it from CMP, you say? Is that a Service Grade or a Correct grade rifle? I want an M1 really badly just to shoot with on the weekends, but I'm a little nervous about dropping $600 on a rifle that may be in cruddy condition.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
The rifles that you get from CMP will be in good condition and safe to fire but will have mixed parts from different manufacturers unless you buy a real expensive grade. The only chance you take will be the condition of the stock. Some stocks will be near new and some will have the classic 'beaver chewed' look; ugly but still usable. Replacement stocks are available from different sources if cosmetics are important. Best of all, CMP rifles will be genuine US military with forged receivers; not cast receivers like so many others sell. One of my Garands has a pretty nice birch stock. The other has a walnut beaver special that I haven't got around to repairing yet.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I never replaced the wood on any of my Garands. The way you see them is how i bought them. Cleaning and TLC !​
Springfield M1 made in 44. Collectors Grade​
My Winchester M1 made in 44.​
my H&R Garand. CMP RIFLE​
My Springfield made in 45. CMP RIFLE​

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wowzers! That thing is sexy. You got it from CMP, you say? Is that a Service Grade or a Correct grade rifle? I want an M1 really badly just to shoot with on the weekends, but I'm a little nervous about dropping $600 on a rifle that may be in cruddy condition.
The H&R and the Springfield on this thread came from the CMP and yes they are Service grade. I've seen real nice Garands come from the cmp and not so nice. I think the Greek batch being the worse. Then again i've seen $295 rack grade garands that look decent..

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
loarmistead

These two rifles came from the CMP. The 1903 & 1903A3... Im sure my other two probably did at some point.​
You really can't wrong with these at the prices the CMP sold them for. eventually they'll be sold out. The prices are only going to continue to go up.​

1 - 11 of 11 Posts