Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is my U.S. Remington Model 03-A3. The Barrel is marked R.A. with a flaming ordance bomb and dated 10-43. This was not a reworked 03A3 . All the parts on this rifle are Remington. Rifle came with U.S.M.C. site hood marked R . Rifle also has milled steel checkered butt plate. I have owned this rifle for ten years.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Now that is a classic that is very hard to find in my area undicked with.

That last one I saw that had not been chewed up by some Fud(read sporterized) had at least been refinished and blued but the stock and hardware were all complete.

I can still kick myself for passing on it.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
As always, beautiful rifle. Do you know just how hard a genuine USMC site hood is to come by?

RIKA

·
Registered
9,718 Posts
Now I have a question. I have a friend who purchased a Remington 1903 with a barrel marked 2-44 (2 groove) earlier this week, he's gonna drop over with it Friday evening. Now according the pics that he has sent me the serial number is 329XXX. Now I understand that the Remingtons started at serial number 3,000,000. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
M1903-A3 started production May of 1942 that makes all Model 03-A3 like mine wartime production. Since your friends rifle is the 1903 that makes his the early Remington 1903 modified before they switched over to 03A3 production. ( I found a good thread that might help you out ) http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/archive/index.php?t-140043.html

Attachments

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As always, beautiful rifle. Do you know just how hard a genuine USMC site hood is to come by?

RIKA
Last show i was at a dealer had a box of them he was asking $20 for one.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
4 Posts
My father had a Smith-Corona 03A3 almost a twin to yours. Unfortunatly is was stolen back in the eighties. That was my first 30-06 I ever shot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts