Arms Locker banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my H&R M1 Garand. Still has original H&R barrel and other parts. Non-Import.... Just purchased not that long ago.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Very nice.

I had one H&R made Garand once but unlike your's the monkeys at Federal Ordnance Inc. put one of their barrels on mine and it didn't group worth a darn.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
CMP is still offering a few M1 Garands and some are quite nice.

RIKA

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Does anyone know of a company that makes clones of the M1? I can't afford the real thing in any kind of shape even if I could find one. Maybe I could get a clone. If not, it would be a good idea.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Does anyone know of a company that makes clones of the M1? I can't afford the real thing in any kind of shape even if I could find one. Maybe I could get a clone. If not, it would be a good idea.
Cutter, check here: http://www.odcmp.com/Services/Rifles/m1garand.htm

At $495 for a field grade Springfield and $595 for other makers, they are good, servicable US made military rifles. They are as cheap or actually much cheaper than any clones (beware of Springfield clones) and will shoot as good or better. The CMP rifles are non-import marked; we have two of them and they are excellent. I personally would go with the Service grade unless I planned to re-barrel to .308.

RIKA

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
cool! Thank you.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cutter, check here: http://www.odcmp.com/Services/Rifles/m1garand.htm

At $495 for a field grade Springfield and $595 for other makers, they are good, servicable US made military rifles. They are as cheap or actually much cheaper than any clones (beware of Springfield clones) and will shoot as good or better. The CMP rifles are non-import marked; we have two of them and they are excellent. I personally would go with the Service grade unless I planned to re-barrel to .308.

RIKA
I'll list some of the Importers: Century Arms (CAI Code) These rifles came from from Italy ,Northern Africa, and China. Conditions run the gamut,but they were not freshly refinished just before or after entry,the lots were not very big,and barrels are sound. Blue Sky Productions ( Blue Sky code) These Rifles came from South Korea. Most barrels were not good; some even showed evidence of having been polished before refinish. Virtually all were refinished before resale. Federal ordnance Inc. (Federal Ord code) These Rifles came from the Phillipines. many M1's from the phillipines are pitted in non critical areas due to the humid climate,and virtually all were oxide-refinished before state side resale.The importer applied markings on the front receiver strut rather then on the barrel. Most barrels are better than those of "Blue Sky" rifles. Sherwood/Samco Importers (several Codes) These rifles were brought in from Israel by Sherwood and Samco. The Israelis purchased Garands from the USA and from Europe,these rifles have many odd parts but are very high quality. Many were M1D's, some M1C's. Arlington Ordnance (Arl Ord) These rifles primarily come from Korea. Arlington ord. quality controlled these rifles as far as fit and safety and not to interfere with old refinishes or original finish.( Whereas most of the Blue Sky rifles were refinished pro forma. Springfield Sporters (SPR SP code) Most of the rifles come from Colombia S.A.. and may include some Barettas.Mix bag with these imports.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im afraid you pay more for one of the new Springfield Armory M1's then an original. If your still interested in the "Springfield Armory Clone" in about two weeks im going to post some pics of a Springfield Clone that will be 4 Sale... $1000.00

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
Go to CMP. Jump through the hoops and buy a Field Grade or Service Grade. Bith shoot splendidly. I have one of each. Also, the ammunition is as cheap as you can find for target practice from CMP.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts