Arms Locker banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my mix master Winchester M1 Garand. Mostly S.A. but has W.R.A. Bolt & trigger group. Has 1945 S.A. barrel , S.A. sights. This is an improved receiver over the early Winchester receivers. Note it has round bolt detent and sight click cuts. The year of manufacture for serial number 2402XXX is 1944.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
Don't worry about it being a "mix-master". That's a really nice Garand. Finding a total "original" would be on par with finding a Colt SAA with a serial number under 100. Enjoy, enjoy! I got bit by the M-1 Garand bug a couple of years ago. I can't find a good original leather sling however. Thoses rep[roductions are too thick and slide off the shoulder; the canvas ones pop open and you can drop your rifle. If you have a source. I would appreciate it. I clean corrosive ammunition with GI bore cleaner, non-corrosive with Birchwood-Casey. Grease with high temperature Moly. How about you?

Attachments

·
Registered
10,279 Posts

·
Registered
9,614 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't worry about it being a "mix-master". That's a really nice Garand. Finding a total "original" would be on par with finding a Colt SAA with a serial number under 100. Enjoy, enjoy! I got bit by the M-1 Garand bug a couple of years ago. I can't find a good original leather sling however. Thoses rep[roductions are too thick and slide off the shoulder; the canvas ones pop open and you can drop your rifle. If you have a source. I would appreciate it. I clean corrosive ammunition with GI bore cleaner, non-corrosive with Birchwood-Casey. Grease with high temperature Moly. How about you?
I will only use Hoppe's no.9 to clean my bore,plus I use boiled linseed oil to whipe my stock down. I use a couple of different kinds of grease, Super lube and Tetra.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 9 of 9 Posts