Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on the end of a 9 lb rifle with 22" barrel, with about 6" of can telescoped back around the barrel, to handle rapidfire with full charge ammo. You'd need 2 lbs of steel scope base, mt, and scope. Such a can will render the rifle useless for anything but slowfire from the bipod or some sort of rest. So choosing 308 means no silencer. No silencer, no .22 unit, no GI rd, parts, mags, no concealment, etc, = stupid for shtf.

·
Registered
9,703 Posts
pay attention son!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
what you said garand!!!! :cool:

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Can't deal with the facts can you? No real reply, just a weak 8th grade insult.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Gee, the Spectrum 2000 can on my M1A isn't 10 inches long nor does it weigh 2 pounds... but then again, what does gunkid know about suppressors? Not much.

Mike

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hard Rock said:
Gee, the Spectrum 2000 can on my M1A isn't 10 inches long nor does it weigh 2 pounds... but then again, what does gunkid know about suppressors? Not much.

Mike
He knows what his vagus nerve likes. bleep :blush: :roflmao1:

·
Registered
9,703 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't give him the benefit of the doubt. I'd suggest that he topped out at Grade 6.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Garand said:
Personally, I wouldn't give him the benefit of the doubt. I'd suggest that he topped out at Grade 6.
Perhaps I was a little too generous.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah, and it aint much good with full power ammo in rapidfire either. Learn how to READ.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
yeah, and it aint much good with full power ammo in rapidfire either. Learn how to READ.
My suppressor weighs less than pound. It is .300 mag capable. It is also rated for full auto.

you know far less than you think you do.

you are very good at being wrong with great authority!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
IGMO the jack wagon at it again. Can't manage .308recoil wawa whaaaa waaaay.

I bet he'd break down and cry trying to shoot one of my 3-1/2* Magnum shotguns.😛

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
This is hilarious, you need to learn period. You don't know anything about .308, suppressors, or long range shooting. You really need to keep silent about stuff you're woefully ignorant about.

Had to revisit this - it was too funny not to.

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
This
u'd need 10", 2 lbs of silencer on M1A... ...to handle rapidfire with full charge ammo...
Again - this may have been true in the 1970's (I don't know), but it's not anywhere CLOSE to true nowadays. While you don't specify here, in other places you also talk about a .308 suppressor needing to be 2" in diameter, and that's also not true.

For reference/comparison, a cylinder 2" x 10" (your criteria) is 31.41 cubic inches, and the simple fact is that the one suppressor I have that is rated for .308 and even BEYOND it, including .300 Magnum and .338 Magnum calibers, is only 11.89 cubic inches (1.375" x 8").

If you add the FBA adapter which is recommended (but only recommended, not required) for those calibers, it stretches it to 14.10 cubic inches. So your 'required' specs are more than twice the true size; put another way, your size claim is off by more than 100%. And this suppressor is good for up to .338 WinMag, not just plain old 308 caliber.

Mine weighs only 3/4 pound even with the added FBA mount; just a hair over one-third your weight claims. Again, to frame it in the other direction, your claim is not only "off"; it's 266% off. Again, in a unit rated for .338 Winchester Magnum; way beyond 308 requirements.

Short version - you're WAY off. By about 60 percent, and by about 40 years.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts