Arms Locker banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since my business trip to Chicago got cancelled, I have a minute to mention a few of the most underrated guns. Let's make this a running list.

Some of the most reliable, yet seldom appreciated guns:

SVD Dragunov
S&W four-digit auto's
Radom (WWII 9mm Polish auto)
Beretta M84
Beretta target .22LR auto's
Uzi (full-sized)
Ingram M10

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Ithaca M37 Stakeout
PPSH 41
Beretta M70
Stoner 63
Pauza .50 caliber
M41 Rifle US
SIG Trailblazer .22 pistols
S&W 625 revolver
Weatherby Mk V rifles

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
The Norinco 1911 handguns are IMO underrated along with the FEG (Hungarian) pistols, especially the copy of the Browning HiPower.

RIKA

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
Surprised nobody’s mentioned the Makarov.
Also the PA63, (but that’s one of the PPK/s copies, as GBullet mentioned), and the Star autopistols; their steel ones are very sturdy. (Never had an alloy one; they may be very good as well.)

A lot of the military copies are good, too. The “FM” and Hungarian hi-power clones, and the Argentinian 1911’s come to mind.

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Savage rifles?

I have yet to shoot one that I had to throw back.....

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
I was only thinking about defensive handguns for some reason....

Agree completely on Savage rifles. I have a 10FP-LE with a Leupold scope, Rifle Basix trigger, and Harris bipod, that just chunks 'em out over and over, right in the same place. That's all I can ask from that kind of gun.

Also the low-end weatherby's. Mine's a 6 or 7 year old lightweight carbine .308 version, that has an amazingly smooth action, and absolutely the best trigger on any rifle I've ever owned. Most surprising was the price. I was shopping for a Remington model 7, or a Ruger Ultralight, when I found this. Exact same size as the model seven, and paid only $400 total, NIB. Made by Howa, I believe, and I've seen them lately even in walmart.

Soapbox time... How about a little semi-auto carbine that uses detachable magazines of up to 30 rounds, puts out more power than a .44 magnum revolver, yet has so little blast & recoil that my 6-year-old niece has fired one of mine, is SMALLER than a ruger 10-22, and can be had for under $300...? The much-maligned .30 carbine m1; unquestionedly would be my defensive carbine if my AR were suddenly unavailable or unusable.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
unless they are WAY underpriced, relative to the more available, more tried and proven, lighter,more compact, more parts and accessories sort of guns,why bother? You wanna waste your time and money, go for it.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
another pointless gob of drivel from the butt pirate.

Hey andy since you spent all tha time in prison as a but toy for those convicts have you been tested for AIDS?

Star SS 380's
Browning Buckmark 22's
Contenders and Xp-100's.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Older (read that inexpensive) double trigger s x s shotguns, only two shots but the ability to choose between loads is great for hunting or social situations.
Savage Mod 24, mine is .22lr / .410 - great choice when squirrel hunting.

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
Yugoslavian SKS's and M-48 Mausers. Inexpensive ammunition and very reliable. Almost the whole Taurus line.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
doubles aint worth a CRAP for fighting. Not anyway, against anything that a pocket pistol couldn't handle just fine. So why bother to go GET the pos, if you NEED a gun? I've taken hundreds of birds with a bb gun. Dont need shotgun for THAT job. :)

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
That's great andy, I could reply but I guess reality doesn't go well in your fantasy land, so....here's your sign

·
Registered
280 Posts
I wil take a stab at this one too, for me it would be

K98 Mauser
Marlin 336
Mod 99 Savage
Enfield Mark Four

and my fave
Cooey single shot in .22 RF

1 - 17 of 17 Posts