Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
$100 buys a P11 9mm barrel, $50 buys a rechambering to 357 Sig. $20 buys you 6 rds of Mag Safe 357 Sig, $50 buys you a Shooting Chrony (on E bay) You can always sell the Chrony at your local range, for $30, and you can get $300 for the P40 and its two barrels, too. So it costs you at most $120 to find out that a pocket 357 Sig really WILL get 64 grs to 2050 fps, even without the advantages of the hollowbase, grease groove, etc of the Split Nose bullet. :) Figure another 100 fps (minimum) for those advantages, and there ya go.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Sure you don't mean the Kahr P40? See tard you can not even get that right.

I bet you new gun fantasy is in the hands fo yoru PO when he gets in on the 5th.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Keltec discontinued the P40

Magsafe specs that round for 2150fps in a Sig 229.

Sig 229 3.9" Barrel
Keltec P40 3.1" Barrel

You are assuming that this ammuntion meets the manufactures claim, which I will point out you yourself have repeadtly stated that they lie about the velocities, and then you are going to hope that it doesn't lose more than 100fps from the .8" shorter barrel length.

I'm also going to point out that Magsafes own materials tout it's performance in a series of tests that no sane person believes actaully happened.

The now-famous Strasbourg Tests put MagSafe on the map.

·
Registered
9,846 Posts
Try using a chrony once in a while and you will find out how correct Piemaster is. 2 years ago when "CCI Velociter" came I ran it through mine and I got a difference of 50 fps between it and Federal Bulk pack. Definately(sp) not worth 3 times the price.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
When an ammunition manufacture chronographs a specific load of ammo, they usually use a pressure barrel, screwed into a device known as a Univerasal reciever.

The barrel will be as long, as the longest manufacturers use for that caliber, and, in the case of rifles, the pressure barrel can be as much as 28" long.

So much for accurate factory chronographing figures.

Hornady, before they made commercial ammunition, used real rifles to chronograph their loads. Look at some of their old loading manuals.

Now, since Hornady makes loaded ammo -- they do not give chronographed data from real firearms.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts