Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And this shows why the 5.56 is at it's limit. If the M4 gives this kind of puny stopping power just think of how little gunkids 11" POS rifle would give.

http://www.defense-training.com/quips/21Oct04.html

21Oct04

More on USMC rifle upgrades, from a friend in the system:

"21Oct04

More details on the ACOG and the Mk262:

"The M262 round shoots and functions well in the AR-15 system, but, in current lots, bullets are not adequately crimped onto the case mouth. As a result they sometimes push back into the case during feeding, causing feeding failures. This defect is easily fixed and may have already been in subsequent lots.

In my experience, it still often takes several good body hits with the Mk262 to get people down and out. Terminal effect is thus only marginally superior to that of the M855. However, penetration of both homogeneous and layered barriers is substantially improved over the old round."

/John

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
so they LIE a lot, so what? 308 ball, 3006 ball, 8x57 ball, 7.7 Jap ball,all had MANY failures of stopping men with body hits, too. My softpoint handloads will put you right on your ass, punk, 10" barrel or not, it wont matter. So you are stupid enough to stick with ball ammo, nobody cares.

·
Registered
611 Posts
andy said:
so they LIE a lot, so what? 308 ball, 3006 ball, 8x57 ball, 7.7 Jap ball,all had MANY failures of stopping men with body hits, too. My softpoint handloads will put you right on your ass, punk, 10" barrel or not, it wont matter. So you are stupid enough to stick with ball ammo, nobody cares.

I all honesty, I never heard of '06 or 8mm mauser having failures to stop enemies. Except at medium-long ranges during the Korean winter.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The USMC and Franam are not lieing. It's you, gunkid, who lies. These gunts are there in the thick of it while you havn't even seen any form of combat.

So who do we view as the expert. Those who have been there and done that, or those who give their SHTF dreams with zero experience in the real world. Only a fool would pick a wannabe.

·
Registered
9,700 Posts
mrostov, back in 12/01/2003 on Patriot Networkyou posted an artile called The M4 Carbine: Is It For Everyone by GySgt John A. Dailey do you by any chance still have it?

Also the USMC M4 ModularWeapon System (MWS) Assessment does any body have that?

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
What are the specs for the Mk262 cartridge particularly nullet weigt and MV?

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
andy said:
So all the evidence, all the people actually out in the field lie?

Or is it easier to pass everyone who demonstrates that you are wrong as liars, because then you don't have to face the fact that are the one that's wrong.

Ball ammo - that's the GI round you moron, the one you claim you'll be using to resupply with.

Can you even understand what YOU have said?

:devil:

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hardball

http://groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15shootersSite/556performance.msnw

Mk262 is a 77gr Open Tip Match (OTM) round that was initially used with the MK 12 SPR (18" sniper variant M4). The Mod 0 used the Sierra Match King (SMK) 77gr round, loaded by Black Hills. This was round worked well with both the SPR and the M4s, but as it had no cannalure there were problem with bullet set-back. This was solved with the Mod 1 loading. The Mod 1 loading uses the 77gr Nosler OTM which has cannalures. The resulting round had even better terminal performance, deeper penetration, and was more reliable (as there was no bullet set back issue). This round is also produced by Black Hills. One nice thing about the Mk 262 loads is they are very low flash. Flash retardants are used in their powder (unlike many M193 & M855 loads) so they can be used effectively at night even with bare muzzles.

Ballistics are 77gr bullet at 2733 from Preban 16" Colt M4 1:7 upper on a Bushmaster lower.

As you can guess, from a 11" POS CAR it wouldn't be worth spit. A 30/30 would almost match it in velocity.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Same here gunkid. You post lies, we post the truth.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts