Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
that you cant group 3" at 20 yds, 10 shots, draw to first shot, in 2.71 seconds, with a .45, if you try all DAY. :) As more time passes, it will be more like 50 guys. The real shooters know you are fos.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
So stop being a. . .well, we know what you are. . .and take him up on his bet.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
"u've already got 5 guys betting $1000, fed"

5 of your internet personas do not equal 5 real people Andy. Why don't you go visit Hard Rock? He already stated that he could get you a waiver so you could legally handle and shoot a rifle/pistol. Then you can demonstrate your legendary shooting skills for all to see.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
I have no idea if GK really has people willing to put up 1k on a shooting bet, but two people on the poll on thehighroad.org are willing to wager. I believe the odds were 1:100 that it couldn't be done once in one hundred tries.

Again, as I said on the poll I started on thehighroad.org, I really have no clue what top level shooting is like.

When Ron Ankeny, a five time USPSA Master, posts a video of himself using a racegun and cartridges specially loaded for competition and says it's just not possible, that makes me really wonder.

When Mal, the moderator over there says
I didn't even vote in the pole because I've never seen shooting like that and I have seen the likes of Leatham, Munden (he also shoots a mean 1911), and Miculek shoot. However, I also learned long ago to never say never.
it reinforces it.

I'm not one to call someone a liar, it's just not my style. But I think it's POSSIBLE that Terry is pulling our legs or at least joking around to rile up GK.

If, on the other hand, he's dead serious... at least two people are willing to bet it's a hoax, for 1:100 odds it's pretty tough to go wrong. Heck, I wouldn't bet, but I'd certainly pay $10 just to SEE that kind of shooting.

and RIKA, please don't take this as a :nyah: because I absolutely don't mean it like that at all. I'm just trying to get to the bottom of this because it's actually quite interesting.

cheers,
Erik

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
My take on it is simple. I've seen no evidence to show that he didn't do it. I've also seen no evidence that he did. (sorry, but a photo of a target is just that - a photo of a target.)

I see one person making a complete a$$ of themselves and pissing their pants over the issue, and one person making calm rational posts.

Who has more credibility in that regard?

I'm skeptical, but if for no other reason than the idiot acting like a jerk annoys the crap out of me, I'll side with the rational person.

In the final analysis, it really doesn't matter (in the true sense) who is right.

I do think it is foolish to think that only IPSC has the best shooters, and that someone who doesn't shoot IPSC could not be talented. Just like it would be foolish to think that nobody in IPSC could be good.

For example, it is very possible that the fastest sprinter in the world has never actually competed in a track meet for their entire life.

It is also possible that the time was a fluke, a magic moment when everything flowed and he was in the zone. He may never find himself in that spot again.

:devil:

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
krept said:
and RIKA, please don't take this as a :nyah: because I absolutely don't mean it like that at all. I'm just trying to get to the bottom of this because it's actually quite interesting.

cheers,
Erik
Don't worry. I'm pretty thick skinned. To be honest, its no skin off my nose one way or the other. Kind of like the guy who splits a bullet on the axe blade and pops a balloon on each side. May or may not have happened. Its just humorous to see gunkid become unglued.

RIKA

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Krept, thanks for your help. I did find the link on the High Road with your poll. It was interesting that 50% said BS and the other half admitted some form of possibility. I personally would vote for a fluke and say its improbable that other men in the unit can perform with more speed and accuracy. At any rate, I have enough problems trying to raise my own level of competency so won't bother with any more of this stuff.

RIKA

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
I did a little background while babysitting my nephew. John M. Davis has tossed out no fewer than 16 challenges that I could find, and never answered one. I think I'll move on to something more rewarding. Wasn't it in "True Grit" where Glenn Campbell say's "You've done nothing when you've bested a fool."

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
on the last page of the thread here, there are three people willing to put up $1,000 to $100.

http://thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=105273&perpage=25&pagenumber=3

I think one other person is on page 2.

I'm not trying to start a war, just passing the info on. I'm certain that something can be worked out, i.e. repeat the results once in one hundred tries, under 3 seconds and that counts as a win. Heck, it sounds like they don't think anyone can do it, much less the guys that beat Terry regularly.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
he's a liar, plain and simple, He not only said he did it, but that others can do better, all the time. He's fos, and you are stupid enough to swallow it.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
andy, would you please shut up and quit trying to start a war. as Monica said, we aren't swallowing your stuff.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
well, in all fairness it wasn't that I was stupid enough to swallow it, I'm just ignorant as to what real good shooting is. i take it all for face value, and hope to keep learning. No shame on my end for that. I went to what I felt was one of the more objective sources on the net and found out what people had to say.

See, if we were talking about Dim Mak, the "death touch," during HTH and stuff like that, it would be a LOT more down my alley to call BS big time because of my background.

I don't put it beyond people to shoot one holers in 4 seconds at 25 yards, I wait to be truly impressed in person. Even then, there's always force on force w/ simunitions...

:)

cheers

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
andy said:
he's a liar, plain and simple, He not only said he did it, but that others can do better, all the time. He's fos, and you are stupid enough to swallow it.
TARD, you pants wetting, type A outbursts are going to get the best of you.

Why not admit, that your not a pistolero, and go on to other grandiose LIE'S?

Tell you what I can do TARD, I'll tell every body I know how good you are at lying, and then you can brag about being the best at something, at least!

Bill

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Now Still, GK is the best shot in the world when shoting with his key board, much better than anyone who stupidly shoots real pistols.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Why is this still being debated? Face the obvious guys. Maybe it happened on a one time basis, anything is possible. But it's just silly to think anyone, let alone a group of shooters, can perform at the level andy is questioning. I could give you a quote from Brian Enos' website that Rob Leatham made about 3 inch groups at 25 yards, but I'll keep it to myself. I wouldn't want you guys starting in again about how unknown weekend plinkers make Leatham look like an amatuer, lol.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I"ve never made any sort of claim about doing anything that dozens of top level guys can do. I know better, unlike you bozos. I KNOW what can be done, and I know that some guys are a bit better than me, even at things that I "specialize" in, because of my age and not being able to practice (at ALL) for 13 years, and for not being able to practice much for another 7 years, etc. I've never made any claims whatsoever for my"ability", under pressure or against time, beyond 50ft, and I"ve always said that 10m is extreme long range for such performance, with realistic ccw gear, for me or for anyone else, when under fire. You can't produce a SINGLE post, out of the TENS OF THOUSANDS of posts I"ve made in 4.5 years on the Net, under ANY name I"ve used, to show where I"ve said otherwise. I'm VERY careful about such things.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
:laugh01: :laugh01: :laugh01: :laugh01: :laugh01: :laugh01: :laugh01:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts