Arms Locker banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in a racially-charged part of the country, at election time for the local prosecutor. He's a member of the minority group you shot. You lacked a walking stick, unarmed skills, and adquate awareness, but you DID have to shoot the punk. What now, hmm?

You can plead out (maybe) to 5-10 years in prison. Or you can trust the "just-us" system, spend $50,000=, and have a GOOD chance of doing 20 to life in prison, get sued for everything you ever make/own, or you can get lost, long enough to let the furor die-down, get enough $ to fight the system properly, get a new face, prints, ID, leave the US, etc. The BOB can be an important part of your ability to "get-clear" of many crisis types of situation. It does not have to be a general shtf for such gear to be of prime importance.

Maybe your ex has sicced the cops on you for "molesting" her child, or "making meth", etc. You find out about it in time, get lost for a while, she drops the charges, etc. A long term stay in the woods, a long ways away from your (current) state, can go a long ways towards shifting the odds in your favor. However, you first DO have to "get clear" of the danger zone.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
agreed

"adequate awareness," as you say, also includes the choices you make... the personalities you associate with, the where and when you go, etc. Definitely better to steer clear of those situations when they are in the future, as opposed to having to react to them already coming to fruition.

cheers

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's right. Altho I know "better", I still go wherever and whenever I please, tho. If that means I end up on the run, so what? I've done it before, when I was a LOT less prepared for it than I am now. Why just LET the pos's run things? I don't let it happen on the net, anymore than I do in my personal life. Fuck with me, you'll get ALL the grief I know how to send your way. Leave me alone, I'll leave you alone. Very simple, actually, but the pos's never learn until they get BADLY hurt.

I've hurt lots of fragile, little men on the Net over the years, pointing out their OBVIOUS lies, incompetence, cowardice, etc, and I'm hated for it, but I love having pos's hate and fear me. They are ticks, scared of my making the other hosts aware that they don't NEED the ticks.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
glynn said:
in a racially-charged part of the country, at election time for the local prosecutor. He's a member of the minority group you shot. You lacked a walking stick, unarmed skills, and adquate awareness, but you DID have to shoot the punk. What now, hmm?
If it was a justified shooting, I'll go to trial. There's a right way and a wrong way to go about things, including shooting someone who has a knife.

glynn said:
You can plead out (maybe) to 5-10 years in prison. Or you can trust the "just-us" system, spend $50,000=, and have a GOOD chance of doing 20 to life in prison, get sued for everything you ever make/own, or you can get lost, long enough to let the furor die-down, get enough $ to fight the system properly, get a new face, prints, ID, leave the US, etc. The BOB can be an important part of your ability to "get-clear" of many crisis types of situation. It does not have to be a general shtf for such gear to be of prime importance.
On a justified shooting in AZ, you cannot get sued - there's a law in place preventing such a thing. Besides I don't own anything. The most you could get from me is a few hundred bucks. Everything we own is in a LLP and a trust. I figure that a defense will cost more like $100,000.00

You can run, or you can accept responsibility for your actions. If it was justified, then why run?

glynn said:
Maybe your ex has sicced the cops on you for "molesting" her child, or "making meth", etc. You find out about it in time, get lost for a while, she drops the charges, etc. A long term stay in the woods, a long ways away from your (current) state, can go a long ways towards shifting the odds in your favor. However, you first DO have to "get clear" of the danger zone.
I don't have an "ex" have never been involved in any of the illegal activities you describe - pretty easy to verify, even for the "dumbest" of cops.

Back to the original premise - situational awareness is key.

:devil:

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
glynn said:
That's right. Altho I know "better", I still go wherever and whenever I please, tho. If that means I end up on the run, so what? I've done it before, when I was a LOT less prepared for it than I am now. Why just LET the pos's run things? I don't let it happen on the net, anymore than I do in my personal life. Fuck with me, you'll get ALL the grief I know how to send your way. Leave me alone, I'll leave you alone. Very simple, actually, but the pos's never learn until they get BADLY hurt.

I've hurt lots of fragile, little men on the Net over the years, pointing out their OBVIOUS lies, incompetence, cowardice, etc, and I'm hated for it, but I love having pos's hate and fear me. They are ticks, scared of my making the other hosts aware that they don't NEED the ticks.
Yes, everyone is afraid of you. :eek: Especially when you make all the tough talk.

:devil:

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
glynn said:
EEK! I missed that part. I'm sooo scared. IIRC there was a couple of little girls who kicked GK butt in the past. You conveniently forgot about that, didn't you? :dgrin:

RIKA

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
The only encounter I believe is when he kicked and punched a chained up dog, that would probably be looked upon as a fair fight to him. That must have been one tough meter-maid to arrest him also.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Never plead out.Even if you were wrong.I will not take a deal;any one "getting me" is going to have to actually work,and I'm not going to make it easy just to "get it over with".No money?Been poor(er)and no doubt will do so again.Been threatened my a prosecutor.Got banged up and locked away until I got cleared(2002-2003 case in Worcester Ma).Taking a plea in most cases innoiculates them against you comming back at them legally or civilly. Not always but most of the time.
I DO agree with you (Glynn)in that everyone SHOULD train on their own,both armed and unarmed,and /or seek competent instruction(besides Hard Knox Academy).Not always feasible for everyone,just as I also recommend physical training and maintenance.BTW,did you ever start training again Glynn??There must be both traditional dojo's and mixed tool-box skills schools in your area.If your back&wrists plague you still,you may yet be able to work around them with the right training and instruction.Not gonna make you into Danny Inosanto or Wanderlei,but if nothing else,the PT aint bad for anyone.

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
glynn said:
That's right. Altho I know "better", I still go wherever and whenever I please, tho., anymore than I do in my personal life. Fuck with me, you'll get ALL the grief I know how to send your way. Leave me alone, I'll leave you alone. Very simple, actually, but the pos's never learn until they get BADLY hurt.

HUMMMmmm? ,,so yer' saying! you have 'ticks/ fleas' and the 'chicks are a 'diggin' yer' "assets"???,,,, so why do 'YOU' run AWAY from contact/CONFRONTATION? mister ol'boy #160! :laugh01: :poke: :twohammer :sobstory: :shrugs: :kill:

:wavey:

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
There was a guy I knew a few years back that had to shoot a 6 year old kid with a gun... it was purely self defense and just as Gunkid describes, it was an election year. The prosecutor threatened for months that there would be charges filed until after the election... then nothing. No charges were ever filed and about a year later, this guy got the word that it was ruled a self defense shooting.

Politics works in a strange way...

Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts