Arms Locker banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son recently aquired a .45 colt Vaquero. I noticed that the loading proceedure is quite different from my old model Blackhawk. The Vaquero loading gate, when opened, frees the cylinder to rotate. I've noticed that the cylinder locks up in postion about 1/8 turn out of alinement. You can still eject or load the cartridge but not once the cylinder locks up. The Blackhawk locks up in line no problem. Is there a way to adjust that? It appears that the little dog in the frame clicks into place in a cog that is a machined part of the cylinder. I don't see how that could be adjusted!?! :mad:

It's not a huge issue but if you spin the cylinder so the cartridge is just a hair past the loading gate opening it'll lock you out of being able to drop the cartridge. Just seems like poor engineering to me.:eek:

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey KJ,
I didn't know you were into guns too!

I went and checked out that thread, I guess that about sums it up! At least I know it's not just this Vaquero. I guess I just don't understand why that type of problem exists between different models. Maybe one model was misdesigned but the others? It would seem that they did it on purpose.

It's my son's first handgun, I guess he'll just learn to manipulate the cylinder. Oh well, my good ole' old model Blackhawk will just have to do for my single action needs!

I'm going to have to check that forum out a bit more.

Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts