Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after a lousy 3-4 hours of use. The Harbor Freight speed control box, intended for a router, won't work with the Dremel Moto-tool grinder. Not having the ability to slow down the rpms of the Dremel, for fine work, (like altering the half cock and sear on 1911's to Gold Cup configuration, finishing out the corners of sight dovetails, etc, sucks. Dremel quit making their Speed Control Box, so another source of such a rheostat must be found.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Funny, I've never had any trouble of that sort with Dremel tools and I've used them alot. Occasionally I'll call Dremel and order parts (brushes) so I can fix them myself.

As always there are those that can and do.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
He just doesn't take care of his tools. Not to mention he uses it on the wrong things.

No one in their right mind would use a dremel or anything else like that to work on sears or any part of the trigger locking mechanism of a firearm. That should all be done by hand to prevent any accidents.

Mike

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Andy, see if the Foredom foot speed control might work.

RIKA

·
Registered
163 Posts
Raider said:
Andy, see if the Foredom foot speed control might work.

RIKA
Great suggestion Raider.
Andy, inspect your dovetail mills closely, you may have chipped cutting flutes, they should give you a clean dovetail. If anything a sharp needle file works wonders with the corners.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts