Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Give me a break. If you sell a teenager some crack or powdered cocaine, is that a "victimless crime"? If you think so, when that little teeny bopper runs into your SUV wiith your wife and two kids in it, because the friendly dealer "just was giving the kid something to have a good time with", well, you won't mind when the judge gives him a walk, now will you? Or when your neighborhood felon decides he can't stand your dog, and proceeds to shoot up your house, you can just chalk it up to his "being off his medication" not his fault.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
not even 5% of coke is sold to kids. Booze is TEN times

as likely to be the problem. See ANYBODY getting a life sentence for mere POSSESSION of ANY AMOUNT of booze, as happens with A FEW OZS of crack? See anybody getting a MANDATORY 20 YEAR MINIMUM for selling booze to a kid, hmm? Hypocite LYING pos.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
The anti-depressant time bomb is a way bigger threat than cocaine.

Not a single mass shooter has been on cocaine, but ALL of them have been on legal anti-depressents prescribed by a doctor.

Cocaine was legal over the counter up until 1920. Yeah, outlawing it sure lowered the crime and addiction rate.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
andy said:
as likely to be the problem. See ANYBODY getting a life sentence for mere POSSESSION of ANY AMOUNT of booze, as happens with A FEW OZS of crack? See anybody getting a MANDATORY 20 YEAR MINIMUM for selling booze to a kid, hmm? Hypocite LYING pos.
Actually, without name calling, I don't see me being a hypocrite. You know what the laws are, and you know what time you'll do up front. A few ounces of crack is cool, to sell to minors? No more is it right to hand a quart of Old Overcoat to a minor. The mandatory minimums are law. I didn't make them, but I have to uphold them. What you left out of your little statement, is that buying a six pack of beer does not result in overdoses, gang wars, and ten year olds getting shot in the streets because they delivered bad dope to a cracked up junkie. You have done bad things, and you know it. Don't try to justify you deeds by attacking me. Our lives were fairly similiar, actually. But you took the wrong turn after the military. I get a fat Law Enforcement paycheck every month, and you get, what is it? $12.00 per hour to clean port-a-potties? I make that every 15 minutes I strap on my sidearm. Get your head together, your not that old.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
mrostov said:
The anti-depressant time bomb is a way bigger threat than cocaine.

Not a single mass shooter has been on cocaine, but ALL of them have been on legal anti-depressents prescribed by a doctor.

Cocaine was legal over the counter up until 1920. Yeah, outlawing it sure lowered the crime and addiction rate.
Your close Mike, it was the Harrison Narcotics Act of 1915.

Bill

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Terry G said:
Actually, without name calling, I don't see me being a hypocrite. You know what the laws are, and you know what time you'll do up front. A few ounces of crack is cool, to sell to minors? No more is it right to hand a quart of Old Overcoat to a minor. The mandatory minimums are law. I didn't make them, but I have to uphold them. What you left out of your little statement, is that buying a six pack of beer does not result in overdoses, gang wars, and ten year olds getting shot in the streets because they delivered bad dope to a cracked up junkie. You have done bad things, and you know it. Don't try to justify you deeds by attacking me. Our lives were fairly similiar, actually. But you took the wrong turn after the military. I get a fat Law Enforcement paycheck every month, and you get, what is it? $12.00 per hour to clean port-a-potties? I make that every 15 minutes I strap on my sidearm. Get your head together, your not that old.
TG, good post.

However, the irony, and the facts you stated, are lost on MELVIN.

Bill

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Stillwater, got my wires crossed there a tad.

There was the Harrison Act of 1914, which was for the USA.

The Dangerous Drugs Act of 1920, ammended in 1923 and 1925, was for the UK.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I know some people who've been really f'd up by coke and other stuff. One of them, who's really fond of LSD and weed, is flying choppers for the Army.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Yeah, outlawing it sure lowered the crime and addiction rate.
MROSTOV, are you saying that if it had not been made illegal and was legal today, there would be less addiction?

Of course outlawing it would increase the crime rate. Outlawing anything increases crime rate for the simple fact that there is a new law to violate.

Is it a good idea to do drugs of any kind?

P.S. I've seen good people lose their jobs, their homes and thier families and are now living in the streets because of drugs (alcohol included!) .

·
Registered
605 Posts
not even 5% of coke is sold to kids.
So who says they have to be the ones buying it to become victims? Hmmmmm!
Of that 95% left, how many are parents? How many kids get left in the dust because thier parents get wacked out on some kind of drug?
It's not as shallow as you make it out to be.

"I have the right to put in my body what ever I want!"

That is pure BS! Who's left trying to put the pieces back together when you're fried?

I'll bet you never once felt bad about taking money that should have been used to clothe, feed or educate a child!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts