Arms Locker banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
17 than a scoped 22 unit has. Game is mostly taken in thick woods, at dusk or dawn, POOR vision with iron sights, trying to see thru weeds, hit walking game, etc. The 17 can't take contact with a blade of grass, probably not even a raindrop.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It AINT just the $150 rifle, it's another $50 for the scope, $100 for the RIDICULOUS priced ammo, spare mags, case, sling, piss poor trigger, no luminous sights, different handling, etc. Pointless. waste of time and money, like I said.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
$50 for a scope? For a .22? You haven't been to Walmart lately I take it.....

$100 for ammo? Dude, you're kind of perpetually behind the times. Midway has .17 HMR for $6.99 per box of 50 rounds. So, for 50 rounds to sight in and plink a bit, plus another 150 rounds for carry into the field is only 4 boxes is only $27.98 plus shipping.

http://www.midwayusa.com/rewriteabrowse/6/10012/653***7547***

Trigger's good, single shot so no mags, homemade scabard, etc. All in all, an excellent weapon for pot hunting.

You've never backpacked in the high country, hence your ignorance is astounding.

Ballistics for the 20gr XTP load for the .17HMR

Notice how at 100 yards the 20gr bullet is still moving faster than a 32gr .22LR Stinger is at the muzzle.

http://17hmr.net/

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
andy said:
17 than a scoped 22 unit has. Game is mostly taken in thick woods, at dusk or dawn, POOR vision with iron sights, trying to see thru weeds, hit walking game, etc. The 17 can't take contact with a blade of grass, probably not even a raindrop.

have you been huntin' grasshoppers/bugs again with that stolen/hot daisy
B-B GUN stashed near your septic tank, Hmmmmm....i wonder?

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
You have to understand Mrostov, to someone who doesn't have a job, that IS a lot of money. :dgrin:

Also notice that, once again, he has to compare an iron-sighted .17 to his scoped "unit" to make his "unit" look good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts