Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heck I see those bakelite mags all over the place, but they just look funky with that orangish color they come in. Yeah, I know I shouldn't be picky about it, but I just want what I want.

Anyone seen any *black* mags for sale for the AK-74 style rifles in 5.45x39? Looking for 30 rounders.

I don't suppose there were any drums made for this round/gun, were there?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did find some on Gunbroker. Appears to be brown ones and green ones around as well. I could get all of those orange bakelite ones I wanted, but man they are just stone ugly. Wonder why in the world they made them that color? Can't imagine having colorful magazines like that in your gun in a military situation would be all that smart to do.

Thanks.

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I picked up a few here and there. Maybe one of these days I need to even shoot those two Veprs I picked up..... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
When I had an SAR-2 I picked up a load of the black Bulgy ones fron K-VAR at a damn good price.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Mabu Khan said:
When I had an SAR-2 I picked up a load of the black Bulgy ones fron K-VAR at a damn good price.
I only have 3 Bulgy mags........wish I'd bought 3 dozen.

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone ever seen a drum mag for a Vepr in 5.45x39?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Rich Z said:
Anyone ever seen a drum mag for a Vepr in 5.45x39?
I've never seen one. I have put the question before some "AK experts". If I find a source I'll let you know.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
There are no drums for the 5.45x39. There may or may not be some experimental drums, but nothing that you are going to find for sale.

I didn't think there were, but since I don't play with the 5.45x39 I wasn't really sure. There are some 60 round quad stack mags that you may want to look into.........seems the quadstack mag was the next generation of drums.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts