Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doing the inventory I found this WWII Webley I mentioned to a guy hat a guy I know was hot to buy. It' a War Finish model very tight in what I would consider to be Very Good. Any idea of real value Gun Broker is all over the place from $300.00 to $900.00. I'm thinking about selling off some gun's this Spring and this is one I thought of parting with. It shoot's low with 146 Grain S&W because the wartime load was 200 Grain, but windage is dead on. Thanks for any input.

· Registered
10,958 Posts
They are about $500.00 cdn, up here currently. I had one back when they were worth $200-$250 cdn. I used it in WW2 re-enactor matches 1 year.

· Registered
7,653 Posts
Sorry, no experience at all with Webleys. My dad had a smith & wesson revolver chambered in .38 S&W when I was a kid, and the only two boxes of ammo he had for it were the 146-grainers as you describe. His looked for all the world like a model 10 with a 4” thin barrel, don’t recall what the actual model was.

I wondered about trying .380’s with moon clips, but never did anything about it. The .380 is substantially higher pressure than the .38 S&W was, and the odds of finding moonclips to find it seemed pretty unlikely anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts