Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woohoo! Deer season is just a little more than a month away. I'll be up at deer camp putting together my 16ft tripod. Nobody to help me but I can get it together. Then I'll have to drive around and find a couple of men to help raise it upright. Fasten it down with a couple of earth anchors and cable to keep it from blowing over and that job will be finished. Next job is to sow seed for a food plot in strategic areas. Then clean up the grounds around the trailer and cut the high grass.

Its a lot of work but I love being up there and I'll sweat off a couple of lbs. Doubt that I'll finish everything but when I do I can go hog hunting.

RIKA :)

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Well, looks like hurrican Jeanne, has us set up for the ol' butthole battering ram this weekend. Looks like we'll be "camping out" for another coupla weeks with no power, or picking up the wreckage and leaving this God-forsaken sh!thole.

3 hurricanes hitting where I live in one year. Fvck it, I can take a hint.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Darn it! Don't you EVER water your lawn? (just kidding). :D

Hope you escape the brunt of the storm. Stay safe and watch out for snakes.

Luck

RIKA

·
Registered
9,956 Posts
Saturday 0900 Tee off- 9 holes of golf
1200 Build targets for Sundays 2 gun match
1800 Set up range for Sundays match

Sunday 0700-1800 2 gun match, Shooter, RO & Match co director

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Raider said:
Darn it! Don't you EVER water your lawn? (just kidding). :D

Hope you escape the brunt of the storm. Stay safe and watch out for snakes.

Luck

RIKA
Nope, current track has it going right overhead.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Work. I have been working now for the past 13 days straight, and have to work the weekend, and Monday starts a new regular work week for me. I am hopeful I will have next weekend off to go upstate NY with my son to do some scouting. Yeah I know it is getting late but still early enough.

Maybe if I am lucky, this Sunday I can go to the range with Brendan, as I get off at 8AM.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Magnum88C said:
Well, looks like hurrican Jeanne, has us set up for the ol' butthole battering ram this weekend. Looks like we'll be "camping out" for another coupla weeks with no power, or picking up the wreckage and leaving this God-forsaken sh!thole.

3 hurricanes hitting where I live in one year. Fvck it, I can take a hint.

You could move up over here. Weather ain't too bad year round. Occasional bad winter but nothing that lasts terribly long on a regular basis.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Unfortunately, I can't hunt big game until next year when I obtain "resident" status, I just don't have $500+ dollars for the license.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
The road is the Big Moose / Number Four Road. North out of Eagle Bay to Big Moose.
Where is that? Is that in the Adirondaks?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Yeah, the Adirondacks. Eagle Bay is on State Route 28, 10 miles NE of Old Forge. A lot of maps don't show Number Four, but it's about halfway between Big Moose and Lowville. Those are both on a regular highway map. It's a pretty good haul from where you are, sure not a daytrip, but when I lived in NY it was the best deer/bear area I ever found. I don't know what NY's seasons are now, but the deer and bear used to be coincident. Our party of four would come home with at least 4 deer and a bear or two from that area each year. An added bonus was that the Big Moose FD puts on one hell of a good feed.

DC

1 - 12 of 12 Posts