Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

Weight Matters

394 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  bbcat 
#1 · (Edited)
Ordered a 3 pack of tungsten AR buffer weights. Intend to try and do some tuning on my AR pistol.
Probably mentioned it but my pistol, despite the brass deflector, is launching brass almost right past my shoulder at nearly 5 o'clock and approximately 15ft to the rear.

#3 ·
I had to tune the spring and buffer on my 300bk pistol. Ended up having to go with a weaker spring and heavier buffer so it would unlock & open at the normal speed, but close & lock slightly slower.

Ed - Ejecting like yours is, is it maybe under-gassed and so not even hitting the deflector?

#6 ·
I had to tune the spring and buffer on my 300bk pistol. Ended up having to go with a weaker spring and heavier buffer so it would unlock & open at the normal speed, but close & lock slightly slower.

Ed - Ejecting like yours is, is it maybe under-gassed and so not even hitting the deflector?
John, no definitely not. Before the weighted buffers and after I put the slick buffer tube back on you could tell the difference. Pre heaver buffer weights it'd have a noticeably punchy recoil. Afterwards it's not as bad.
Plus as you asked about the deflector.

Here's it after a light scrubbing with some still evident:
Bumper Vehicle door Tints and shades Door Automotive exterior

It's kind of odd. Maybe the shorter case length but they seem to spin quickly when ejected and whack the case mouth and neck then shoot back.

One reason is that this barrel length is really gassed for subsonic loads. One bullet weight I'm going to run next will be a 225gr subsonic.

And I'm also considering an adjustable gas block.

#5 ·
QUOTE="UpNorthMindy, post: 315269, member: 14060"]
I have a lever rifle that I would like to tame a bit, especially after recovering from an injury. I have been doing some research on mercury suppressors and wonder if anyone has any thoughts on those - - or other options.
[/QUOTE]

Only thing I've had experience with are muzzle brakes and unfortunately none in the larger bore diameters.
I looked at Smith Enterprises, the one I've experience with, and the largest they currently list is for.338 diameter bores.

No experience with mercury recoil reducers however.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.