Registered
10,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
  • Haha
Reactions: BigEd

·
Super Moderator
2,417 Posts
Great, but I don't know what the ill affects of the current Misadministration will be on this.☹
I also wish Ukraine hadn't gotten screwed out of both it's NATO membership and it's nuclear arsenal by the Clinton administration.😡
So I'm having flashbacks with good reason.
Okay editing to make a correction. I didn't realise that Ukraine had in fact sort of seesawed itself back through the NATO membership process.

·
Registered
10,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With Finland buying American F-35 jets, it should put Sleepy Joe into a backed in corner. Putin wants to resurrect the Russian empire of the 1920's and from current face value he is not able to understand that many of those countries now have a right to determine their own destiny. Any country that has either fought or been occupied by the Soviet Union since the 1920's will not "roll over and play dead". It could get extremely bloody.

Watching some of the European bloggers on U Tube like "Survival Lilly" who now calls herself a "Baby Prepper", the focus in Europe is that they expect something very unpleasant is about to happen. Will they go for the nuclear option?

·
Super Moderator
2,417 Posts
In hope not.

We all know size wise that'd be like some of our own states or provinces slinging nukes as far as proximity.

And I'd like at least a little chance of what's left of my Polish kinfolk to survive.

But still kick some imperial/communist russian butt.

·
Registered
10,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Given that in the past few months Polish legislators have voted to double the size of their army, they don't have any plans to roll over and play dead. Memories of the occupation probably haven't faded in the last 75 years.

Reactions: BigEd and Terry G

·
Super Moderator
2,417 Posts
It definitely hasn't faded among at least one in my family me! And technically I'm not Polish as I was adopted at birth.
But hanging out and staying with my grandparents during the summer must have had an influence somewhat.
If I was young enough and in better physical condition I'd contemplate moving there and signing up.
But reality is what it is.

·
Super Moderator
2,417 Posts
I know it's just fantasies but in 1920 after the Bolshevik's defeat at Warsaw. I really wish the Western powers of the time would have jumped in and pursued them into Russia and cut the head of the snake off.
However, after WW-1 and the boondoggle of trying to aide the White Russian forces I fully understand the reluctance.
And regardless of what it could have prevented there's always some other flock of control freak sociopaths jostling for position as head thug

·
Registered
10,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Given the state of the current Russian Army fighting against an under armed minimally trained army trying to fight its way out of Soviet era corruption, I think a couple of troops of girl scouts armed with MLAW's could open the road to Moscow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts