Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
zeroed a fixed 4x lighted reticule[sp] on bushy[sweet] had major problems
with a #760 reminton in .243 win. no more lateral/to the left on an old redfield 'wide view' scope, i need a completely new mounting system, as this is of the novel concept of break-away to the left [for iron-sight work] spring clips hold the right side down, that pump was printing thumbnail groups[only 8" to the right] i quit/gave up after [9] rounds on her.

then ran 60rds. threw the o3 / 06

i had mixed brass fmj's left over from my wicked love affair with an M-1 garand ,[i'm long over the pain, she was painfully BOREING/accurate{{spray paint cans at 200yards offhand! damn near every time!]]

it was nice to rack /cycle that bolt for quick 3 shot strings

i did have a case ruture/blow-out[wear you p.p.e. gear] [2] 1/32" gas slits about a 1/4" above the casing rim ,the shot was a squib/not right on recoil
pulling the bolt , the entire length of the bore had unburned powder, from chamber to muzzle, yet i recall seeing a dust cloud at 100yd.[go figure,huh?]

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
Geez 200 yds, thats long range for internet WANNABE's. They would never go past 100 yds!

·
Registered
720 Posts
BH,
I'm happy to know you weren't hurt and the weapon wasn't a casualty either. I'm hoping to get some range time tomorrow on the new PTR with the Aussie and Port ammo I bought at the gunshow today, I have retired the India ammo so it should be a satisfying shoot!
SatCong

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sat-cong, i saw YOUR rifle for sale today at a show.

it had glass mounted on it.[not bad]

the h-k drum rear sight.

$1200

thanks. :wavey:

·
Registered
720 Posts
BH,
Did the PTR you saw have a flash hider?
I am trying to find a suitable claw mount locally along with a few other peripherals (fore-end with bipod, sling, sight tool), but it is sweet, as is. That price, with scope and mount, sounds reasonable.
Thanks,
SatCong

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
s-c, no i don't recall seeing any brake/hider[nor threaded for one]

on it.

thanks

·
Registered
720 Posts
BH,
That rifle you saw is probably a less new model, the one I bought after the sunset has a hider, standard, no big deal either way, I just prefer the look with the hider.
Thanks,
SatCong

1 - 7 of 7 Posts