Arms Locker banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got these from my old man a few months ago , the side by side is about 30ys old and the pump is about the same i would assume .... havent really researched that much into them yet ...... the double's bore is in excellant shape looks like its never been fired and is chambered for 2-3/4..... Stevens model 311E with 2 triggers, the stock has a few scratches ... the pump is a WesternField model M55A0BD chambered for 3' and has been used a bit (killed some birds in its time )

any info on these 2 would be helpfull , i know there not worth much and i would never sell them but i would be interested in getting some new furniture for the double , current furniture is some light colored type of wood that doesnt do anything for me ...... funny side note here when i accuired these i was with my brother and there were other guns , basically i took these 2 and a brand new Kabar knife while my brother got a Remington 870 and an old marlin lever action .22 my dad baught when he was 16 (he was born 1946)... so how did i do ? something tells me i should have snatched up the marlin lol

·
Registered
611 Posts
I'd imagine the SxS to be a Savage-Stevens 311 and the pump a Mossberg 500. Western Field was the Montgomery Ward private label for years and like Sears and Roebuck (with J.C. Higgins and Ted Williams), they had several manufacturers that supplied them with firearms they sold under their own labels.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd imagine the SxS to be a Savage-Stevens 311 and the pump a Mossberg 500. Western Field was the Montgomery Ward private label for years and like Sears and Roebuck (with J.C. Higgins and Ted Williams), they had several manufacturers that supplied them with firearms they sold under their own labels.
yeah your exactly right ...stevens model 311E , thats what i get for being lazy and not digging it out of the closet to check .... let me go edit

1 - 3 of 3 Posts