Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
I haven't looked in probably two years; no idea what things look like lately. (Been shooting mostly rimfire and rifle stuff, which I don't reload, and haven't replaced/replenished the relatively small amount of my reloads I've shot.)

·
Registered
10,937 Posts
The main lgs that I frequent about 4 weeks ago got in 20x 1 pound bottles of Titegroup, the other lgs is holding 3 different obscure IMR powders. No new delivery date expected for either.

·
Registered
10,937 Posts
Just bought 2x 1lb of W231 on Monday, paid $166.00 (Cdn), 12 months ago that would have been viewed as highway robbery! Thing is I still have 5x 1lb of 231 in stock, so this was just in case.

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
It’s been crazy here too. The lgs owner told me he’s had two suppliers tell him that it would be at least a year before he’d get anything, maybe two.

I’ve been keeping my eyes open for a pound or two of red dot or some other powder faster than titegroup for using in 45 colt, but no luck. After playing around with some variations in quickload, I think I’m just gonna stick with titegroup, and go with a slightly deeper seat on the bullet to increase back pressure and reduce blowback.

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Well, in another example of God watching over dingbats... I was cleaning out some things in my wife's office today and came across a big ammo can (one of the big two-hand-carry ones made for 1,500 rounds of 7.62x51) behind her office door, with several miscellaneous cans of powder in it; some full and some partial. Among those oddball one-off things are a full 1lb can of Red Dot and probably half a pound of Bullseye. So yay for stumbling across forgotten treasure. :)

·
Administrator
2,687 Posts
Update from NW Arkansas area

I've seen decent mixture of nearly everything on the shelves of the places I buy components.

With a couple notable exceptions:
Alliant Powders of most kinds. One of the guys working the firearms up at Cabela's remarked the same thing. Although it has shown up at gun shows at scalpers prices as usual.

Winchester 748, not a pressing thing yet but being able to pick up 8lbs of it in the future would be nice

Primers are hit and miss but out there. Was glad to see Winchester offering #41 primers and hope they do the same with #34.

·
Registered
10,937 Posts
Some powders are available, not a lot, and then there is my lockup with W231, Unique, Red Dot, IMR4227, 2400, etc. I should be good for at least another year. My onl worry is primer availability.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts