Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

What are You Reading or have Recently Read?

743 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  seventime 
#1 · (Edited)
Curious on opinions on new/current or former literature.

This is a work of fiction I picked up at the local library's Sale Shelf(donated books for the library fund).
Product Publication Book Sleeve Font

Work of fiction but the author I recognized from being a retired USMC Sniper and one of the top ranked ones back in his day.
Only just into it and it's not bad. Not what I expected but not bad. After already reading his defacto auto biography and his experience with the Iraq invasion and push into Baghdad I'm curious as to his fictional take in his tradecraft.
Next up or maybe reading in duo is
this one. Since I've checked out and watched through inter library loan all 1to6 seasons of Justified I'd though I'd check out the Book the series was based upon:
Publication Book Font Poster Book cover

Maybe I'll dig into it tomorrow afternoon.
I'm curious as to the characters. Some in the series reminded me of people I knew or knew of and someone's methodology of dealing
with the bad ones sounded very familiar at times.😈😇😁

See less See more
#3 ·
Currently on Page 108 of "The Gun" by CJ Chivers

Reactions: jaison and BigEd
#8 ·
I'll have to look into that one for my next book to read and maybe give a copy as a gift to a friend.
He's retired but worked for Fischbach & Moore in Afghanistan before the Soviet Invasion as the projects heavy equipment and motor pool master mechanic or whatever the title. He had to supervise a gaggle of Afghani mechanics on site and in the field.
It's too bad his memory is fading as I wished he would have wrote down his experiences there. From his perspective it was a whole different place before the Soviets mucked it up.

#9 ·
Not 'reading', but a podcast episode that I've recently listened to more than once is from (of all places) Bloomberg's "Masters in Business" show. It's several years old, an August 7, 2015 interview with Nick Murray. I'm not generally a Bloomberg fan, but any interview with Nick Murray I can find, I read or listen to. He's not a personal investment advisor, but is an advisor to those people who are investment advisers. Basically, someone your investment guy likely gets info from. I discovered him through one of his books on the market, titled "Simple Wealth, Inevitable Wealth", and after reading that became a big Nick Murray fanboi.

It's a long podcast, proabably an hour and a half long, but well worth the time imo. Again, I'm not at ALL much of a Bloomberg fan in most cases, but if they interviewed Warren Buffet, Ronald Reagan or Billy Graham, I'd listen to it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.