Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

Registered
Let us know if it's any good. I might see if I can't find it through the local library system. I like goofy semi dark sarcastic off the wall stuff like The Watchmen for example.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
..."Doom Patrol". Looks like a semi-cartoonish DC Comics thing, but again has good people in it. Brendan Fraser, Matt Bomer, Alan Tudyk, Timothy Dalton and probably some others. Never heard of it before, but I'm a huge Brendan Fraser fan, it was just $9.99 for something like 13 hours of program; and I'm going to be stuck on the couch a bunch next week so I figured it was worth the gamble.
Let us know if it's any good.
Only watched one episode so far. It's pretty dark and a little greasy-feeling if that makes sense. I'll probably check out more of it, but am spacing it out. Definitely much more into comedies lately. Started re-watching the british sitcom "The IT Crowd" again yesterday. It's silly but funny.

Clothing Footwear Hair Jeans Shoe

Also been watching a lot of youtube videos on various LPVO scopes, with the idea that once I'm past this 'Great Gimping' and can walk normally again I may turn my only unassigned ar carbine into something along the lines of a recce rifle.

Reactions: BigEd

Registered
Is "The IT Crowd" anything like a computer programmer version of "The Big Bang Theory"?

Registered
Oh, and another completely off the wall one is a adult themed (not X rated but definitely R at times) Johnny Quest like Parody of kid/teen adventure cartoon genres from the 60's on up.
I've never seen it as whole episodes but one guy has a channel on YouTube and has top out takes.
It kinda goes dark parody like how it would be to be raised up in a family of over achieving parents, becoming a parent while having to deal with arch enemies and their henchmen.
They also toss in several parodies of cartoons and comics I'm sort of familiar with like Dr.Strange and the Fantastic 4.
What had me LMAO was the leader of a SHIELD like group who was a cross between Capt. Nick Fury and Agent Duke from the Doonsbury comic strip.

Name of it is The Venture Brothers.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Is "The IT Crowd" anything like a computer programmer version of "The Big Bang Theory"?
It鈥檚 about the two-person IT team at a corporation, and the new female manager that gets assigned over their department. It鈥檚 definitely more bizarre and off-the-wall than big bang theory. The guy with the big afro cracks me up constantly.

Reactions: BigEd

Registered
I may have to look into obtaining that to watch someway.

On the opposite end last night I watched the older miniseries Sons of Liberty
not exactly what I expected but still very good. Not sure how historically accurate the exact personal history of the characters were but overall good.
John Hancock's portrayal got me off guard but comparing that to many people today I think it was great.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts