Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts
Let us know if it's any good. I might see if I can't find it through the local library system. I like goofy semi dark sarcastic off the wall stuff like The Watchmen for example.

Discussion starter · #22 ·
..."Doom Patrol". Looks like a semi-cartoonish DC Comics thing, but again has good people in it. Brendan Fraser, Matt Bomer, Alan Tudyk, Timothy Dalton and probably some others. Never heard of it before, but I'm a huge Brendan Fraser fan, it was just $9.99 for something like 13 hours of program; and I'm going to be stuck on the couch a bunch next week so I figured it was worth the gamble.
Let us know if it's any good.
Only watched one episode so far. It's pretty dark and a little greasy-feeling if that makes sense. I'll probably check out more of it, but am spacing it out. Definitely much more into comedies lately. Started re-watching the british sitcom "The IT Crowd" again yesterday. It's silly but funny.

Clothing Footwear Hair Jeans Shoe

Also been watching a lot of youtube videos on various LPVO scopes, with the idea that once I'm past this 'Great Gimping' and can walk normally again I may turn my only unassigned ar carbine into something along the lines of a recce rifle.

Oh, and another completely off the wall one is a adult themed (not X rated but definitely R at times) Johnny Quest like Parody of kid/teen adventure cartoon genres from the 60's on up.
I've never seen it as whole episodes but one guy has a channel on YouTube and has top out takes.
It kinda goes dark parody like how it would be to be raised up in a family of over achieving parents, becoming a parent while having to deal with arch enemies and their henchmen.
They also toss in several parodies of cartoons and comics I'm sort of familiar with like Dr.Strange and the Fantastic 4.
What had me LMAO was the leader of a SHIELD like group who was a cross between Capt. Nick Fury and Agent Duke from the Doonsbury comic strip.

Name of it is The Venture Brothers.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Is "The IT Crowd" anything like a computer programmer version of "The Big Bang Theory"?
It’s about the two-person IT team at a corporation, and the new female manager that gets assigned over their department. It’s definitely more bizarre and off-the-wall than big bang theory. The guy with the big afro cracks me up constantly.

I may have to look into obtaining that to watch someway.

On the opposite end last night I watched the older miniseries Sons of Liberty
not exactly what I expected but still very good. Not sure how historically accurate the exact personal history of the characters were but overall good.
John Hancock's portrayal got me off guard but comparing that to many people today I think it was great.

Discussion starter · #27 ·
Fwiw, can’t recommend Doom Patrol. Some probably will like it, but too dark, dreary, and greasy feeling for me personally.

Yesterday watched “darkest hour“ about the first few weeks of Churchill’s time as Prime Minister of England during World War II. Very, very good movie.
Chin Coat Sleeve Font Publication

Last night, my wife and I watched the first 2 episodes of "1883", looks to be one of the best westerns to come out since the "Lonesome Dove" series of movies.

Discussion starter · #30 ·
Watched "King of Thieves" on Netflix last night. Besides having some of the best old-school actors around (Michael Caine, Jim Broadbent, Ray Winstone, and Michael Gambon), part of what made it interesting to me is that it's based on a true story, the Hatton Garden jewel heist just seven years ago over Easter weekend in 2015.

Estimates ranged from 14 million to several hundred million british pounds stolen, by seven men whose combined age was 448 years. Can't go much deeper without spoilers, but it was pretty good.

Coat Tie Suit Font Formal wear

Discussion starter · #31 ·
Dexter - New Blood and Reacher (the series). I knew they were talking about doing a spin-off of Dexter, but didn't know it was a done deal. Saw the DVD set of the series at walmart yesterday & picked it up. Just 10 episodes or so; watched a couple of them last night.

Also, the Reacher series on Prime video is pretty good as well; definitely better than the Tom Cruise movie version. I can tolerate Tom Cruise fine, but he's absolutely the wrong guy to play this 6'5" bruiser character.

can tolerate Tom Cruise fine, but he's absolutely the wrong guy to play this 6'5" bruiser character.
That's how I feel about Mark Wahlberg in some of his parts. In Shooter vs. the book Point of Impact the Bobby Lee Swagger character is somewhere in the 6ft+ range.
Also on the set of Loan Survivor and in an interview
Marcus Luttrell referred to Wahlberg as "Mini Me".
Still a great actor however.

Discussion starter · #33 ·
Watched a movie called "Spectral" on netflix this weekend. Basically a sci-fi action movie in a war-torn eastern European country where these 'spectres' start showing up that appear to be impervious to bullets & can travel through walls like ghosts. Was pleasantly surprised with it; not only was it well done, but the plotline didn't take the easy & obvious way out but took it to a more sci-fi direction and less of a supernatural one.

Well I did finally, after nearly 2 decades, watch Serenity/Firefly. Checked out the complete series, or what it was before cancellation, through the county library system. My opinion is after people saying I need to watch it was mixed. It had a mix of old and new in it in more ways than one.
Had it seen a complete season maybe I could understand more of the characters and plots once they truly developed.
It was generally a decent show with plenty of varied humor mixed in. Not sure if Adam Baldwin's character Jayne was supposed to be a Bluto (from Popeye) type character or not. Considering the ship operated as a smuggling/pirate space vessel.

Discussion starter · #35 ·
I’d never seen the Firefly series when the movie (Serenity) came out. Didn’t even know at the time that the movie was based on a series, just looked like decent movie. After seeing the movie, I caught the series on netflix or wherever and enjoyed it probably more than I should have. Decent action with sarcastic dialog; what’s not to enjoy,,? :giggle:

Oh yeah the sarcastic dialog was great. I'm probably more disappointed about the season being prematurely cancelled. Seemed to have some decent casting for the actors.
If I'm able I might see about getting the set on DVD for myself some day.

Discussion starter · #38 ·
Started watching Elementary, a modern take on Sherlock Holmes with Johnny Lee Miller and Lucy Liu. I haven't been watching dramas or dark stuff much lately, but this is actually pretty good; interesting and just a little dark without being depressing or gross. One weird twist is the Moriarity character. (Spoiler alert: she was on Game of Thrones...)

I've been going through YouTube gleaning various star Wars fanfiction. Some is decently to very well done.
Although judging by 18 to 30ish minute films can be difficult they mostly make more sense in canon than episodes 7 - 9.🙄

Discussion starter · #40 ·
Watched Top Gun - Maverick yesterday. It was surprisingly good; Tom Cruise's character was actually a grown-up. I miss that in most movies nowadays.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.