Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Personally, I'd do my best to get my hands on a captured AKM or an M14 variant. Maybe an M240.

·
Registered
9,695 Posts
I'd have no problems with a 1911 and an M14.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Coyote, I think that the current issue gear is excellent. There may be the odd item with troubles (M9 magazines, M22 anti-laser coating reflectance, etc.), but 95+ percent is working out well.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
you'd get courtmartialed for having a non-issue weapon. your buddies will resent your not having replacement ammo for them, and they will probably shoot at the SOUND of your non-223 caliber rifle, dumbass. You won't be getting replacement ammo for some of your stupid choices. 30 AK ammo aint a BIT more likely to suffice than 223 ammo is, and it's twice as heavy, for no reason. The Ak's safety SUCKS, no luminous sights on it, either.

·
Registered
9,695 Posts
I have no doubt that .45 acp & 7.62x51mm are being issued over there!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Yes, Garand, they are (obviously) being issued. And most units look the other way when men go out with captured AKs instead of their M4s. You can't usually BRING your own, and you certainly can't take anyting back with you, but "alternate" weapons basically are a common sight in-country.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pfff, again, andy being an idiot. .223 might be good for ordinary combat, firefights and whatnot, but what about stopping suicide bombers? Seems to me that you would want as much firepower in hand as you could handle to bring him down before he hits the button.

I dont have any experience in any of this though, so this is just an "educated guess."

Btw, I find it a little amusing that GK would think that friendship between soldiers is based on choice of weapons.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
223 SOFTPOINTS, stupid, are at LEAST as good a manstopper as is 308 ball, and BETTER if you only get poor hits (which is usually the case). You don't know jack shit about combat, sonny. The AK rd, with chest hits, failed to stop MANY a GI in Nam, and the 3006, 8x57 Mauser, 7.7 Jap ball rds didn't stop thousands of guys, with good chest hits, even, in ww2, Korea, early days of Nam. 12 ga slugs have failed to stop men, dumbass.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Friendship has nothing to do with it. Be stupid, and lots of guys won't have anything to do with you, when their lives are at stake. In fact, if you are one that would, you are likely to die for your stupidity, and you SHOULD.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Telll us where you werre in combat tartd that you got all this experience. You were an mp in korea. In fact they let you out early for reasons I can not figure out. Did they find out you lived in somefantasy world backthen to butt pirate?

YOu have again proven yourself to be a total shit birt when it comes to factual data.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
depends on the job to be done. IMO it would be pretty silly using an M14 for CQB, much rather go with the pistol. M4 is a great all around weapon, but can definitely see the role for the SAW or M14 deployed next to it.

Far as I know, GK usually talks about being out and about in certain terrain, alone. That's a different role than MOUT with a bunch of guys covering your back.

BTW... on those 1911s... the second one I'm almost certain is a MEU(SOC) and those are to be worked on by match armorers (MOS 2112?) in Quantico, VA. The first 1911 is kind of interesting. I'm not sure if that holster is made for a weapons mounted light?? IF that's an issued pistol, I don't think it's the MEU(SOC) so that leaves the Interim CQB that Kimber made for MCSOC Det. 1. I don't think they'd wear that gear, so my guess is the guy is a contractor.

could be wrong.

cheers

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
andy, YOU CANT USE SOFTPOINTS IN THE ARMY. ITS INTERNATIONAL LAW, BOZO, AND AMERICA SIGNED ON TO IT. What a moron. Im likely to die because my ammunition is heavier? Wow, that makes absolutely NO sense, especially in a situation like Iraq.

GK, i would love to meet you in a dark alley. You say your a martial artist, an expert marksman, a brilliant survivalist, etc... Well, I box, and you dont know jack. I shoot, and you dont know jack. And ive survived in the woods. You dont know jack about that either. And you have now patronized me, calling me "dumbass" and "sonny". So as a computer literate youth who lives many miles away, I only have one way of taking your ass down. Im giving you an ultimatum.

You have 3 options; leave now and dont come back, start being nicer to people, or, i hack into your computer, and make your life a living hell.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Coyote, please don't do anything illegal. He has called me a c^nt and other nasty names but it doesn't get under my skin. It hurts him worse for me to laugh at him and make jokes about him than anything else that could be done. Beat him by not letting him get under your skin also.

my .02

RIKA

·
Registered
9,695 Posts
Coyote, he's a pathetic old man who ruined his own life, but won't accept the responsibility for it. He's too much of a coward to honour any challenge.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys, i just cant stand being pushed around by some stupid con. I just lost my temper for a moment. Gonna go and punch a bag for a while.

My apologies.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
You have 3 options; leave now and dont come back, start being nicer to people, or, i hack into your computer, and make your life a living hell.
see man like they said, why get excited about that stuff? How about if I say your understanding of the Most High is a joke, you'll get no true enlightenment with the herbstalk, you front like you're a scholar, etc. It should mean JACK SHIT even if I mean it which I don't because it's just words, not threats. just insults. nothing. Don't let that BS distract you, especially if you hope to transcend idle banter and learn and give good info.

Regarding the hacking, I'd be interested in how you could do it when the IPs are spoofed, IF you had an e-mail addy for the target that didn't have virus protection, etc. GK's already said he caught some viruses he "thinks" were sent to him by Stillwater or whoever so there's some stuff there. I'm just wondering, because I'd like to know. PM me if you feel it's too sensitive. I have no doubt someone could fuck me up because I've got nothing to hide. GK would be tougher.

I'm just tryin to cool things down so we can see them for what they are.
Most people aint gonna change. That goes for the misfits, as well as the ones who think it's their God given right to set them straight. The important thing for me is to be receptive.

cheers

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Durango, CO, McDonalds, name the time and day you want to get fucked up for life, I'll accomodate you ANY time, punk.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
To whom are you addressing this empty threat andy. We all know that you're a no-show blowhard so knock it off.

RIKA

·
Registered
9,695 Posts
So what your saying is, that the food at McDonalds is soooooooooo bad, that you will be lucky to live through the experience!!! :laugh01: :laugh01: :laugh01: :laugh01: :laugh01: Personally I'd rather eat at Taco Bell. Enough tabasco can kill anything. Gunkid do you have the phrase "and would you like fries with that" memorized yet? I heard you were having a problem with it. But it is nice to know, that you finally got a job with people in your own mental age group.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
andy said:
Durango, CO, McDonalds, name the time and day you want to get fucked up for life, I'll accomodate you ANY time, punk.
Why not the Pagosa McDonald's? You know, the one on 40 Talisman, right down the road (right next door probably) to that commercial address you have at 56 Talisman?

Pagosa Peak Financial Group
56 Talisman Dr # 6a
Pagosa Springs, CO

(970) 731-5541

Map to finincial group

Mc Donald's
40 Talisman Dr
Pagosa Springs, CO

(970) 731-1016

Map to McDonald's

Yep, right next door.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts