Arms Locker banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
223 fan said:
My friend would probably meet the pharmicist in the parking lot and explain the facts of life to him, via a ski mask and a hunk of angle iron.
I hate to say it, but it sounds like your friend is a moron. This is wrong on so many levels. It clearly shows a poor grasp of ethics, respect, compassion, etc. It also shows a complete lack of morals or respect for the law - go figure.

I suppose your friend figures he should go around and beat up people that don't share his religious views as well. Maybe he beats up people for not being in the same political party too.

The proper response is what happened. The pharmacist was fired. They never should have become a pharmacist in the first place. After all, what did they think a pharmacist did for a living?

:devil:

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Aslan said:
I hate to say it, but it sounds like your friend is a moron. This is wrong on so many levels. It clearly shows a poor grasp of ethics, respect, compassion, etc. It also shows a complete lack of morals or respect for the law - go figure.
Great Post, Aslan.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Aslan said:

I suppose your friend figures he should go around and beat up people that don't share his religious views as well. Maybe he beats up people for not being in the same political party too.

The proper response is what happened. The pharmacist was fired. They never should have become a pharmacist in the first place. After all, what did they think a pharmacist did for a living?

:devil:
For all we know his "friend" is the one that raped her in the first place. It wouldnt be out of character for any of his "friends", judging by his posts.

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Lost me there… Is being raped somehow more her own fault since she wasn’t armed or a black belt..?

“Unarmed and not a black belt” describes most people on the planet.

I can’t help but notice that you recommend physically attacking the pharmacist, but never mention trying to even find the rapist… Sounds like the kind of response we'd get from Kennedy or Feinstein.

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
John in AR said:
Lost me there… Is being raped somehow more her own fault since she wasn’t armed or a black belt..?

“Unarmed and not a black belt” describes most people on the planet.

I can’t help but notice that you recommend physically attacking the pharmacist, but never mention trying to even find the rapist… Sounds like the kind of response we'd get from Kennedy or Feinstein.
RIGHT-ON! BROTHER "john in AR",,,,!

·
Registered
6 Posts
revisiting morning-after pill

This is my first post. I originally came here to get some advice on some weird stuff going on to the finish of my grandfather's WW1 1911.

I stumbled onto the morning-after pill thing. I am not a troll but wanted to give my opinion.

I am medically retired from the army. My wife is a pharmacist. She works for a large retail chain that houses pahrmacies within their stores. She is the pharmacist-in-charge for her store. She really has no authority over the other two pharmacists in her store, only the pharmacy techs and she is the liason beween the state board of pharmacy and her pahrmacy.

We are non-denom christians. She never wanted to be faced with the prospect of having to sell the morning-after pill. She simply refuses to order the drug for her store--problem solved.

Her store is a part of the private sector. The retail chain's sole purpose in life is not to dispense medicine, it is to generate a profit for the shareholders. If people with prescriptions can not get the medicine they want at a certain pharmacy, they should take their business somewhere else. They should ask the docter who RX'd it where to go.

There is no one-size-fits-all formulary for pharmacies. You can find two pharmacies on opposite side of the street with huge disparities between the types, brands and amount of meds they stock. Usually, some meds are only ordered as needed on a case by case basis because they have short or terminal shelve-lives.

The government needs to keep out of this. You know, free market economy, capitalist society, smaller government and all of those things that arms enthusiasts and conservatives, I assume, should value. If this were a public sector pharmacy in a government hospital, I would say the government might have an interest.

Just as the DR should do no harm, neither should the pharmacist and if the pharmacist considers dispensing the morning-after poll to be doing harm, then so be it. Liberals are all about freedom of choice until it is a pharmacist's choice not to dispense abortion in a pill box.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
BB#1, I think that your wife is probably doing the right thing conscience-wise in not ordering the drug. The problem that caused the uproar was the pharmacist who had the drug in stock and then refused to fill the prescription. If that guy was a man of such strong faith then he should have quit his job and gone to work for a store that didn't carry the morning after pill. His refusal to fill the prescription didn't make him a Christian - it made him a hypocritical a$$hole.

My .02

RIKA

·
Registered
6 Posts
He, she, they may be hypocrites, I do not know. I do know there are usually at least two sides to every story.

Maybe they do not have the authority to determine meds to stock or not stock and are activley trying to get rid of it. Maybe they feel it is evil and do not want to walk away, but want to eliminate it from their store. Evil flourishes when good men do nothing. Maybe they are in a position where they can't quit, like they have little ones. I am a pretty inflexible person until it comes to my little ones. I would do just about anything to protect and provide for my boys--stuff I would not do for myself.

When that med first came out, it was in the grapevine that local DR's were RXing it as a retro-birth control. That is what freaked my wife out and she threatened to quit if the store started to stock it. The local DR's know which pharmacies will order it and which won't and they know hers is a big won't. If it is a matter of rape or medical emergency, then the DR should facilitate it or the clinic doing the exam should be equipped for these kinds of cases. Do not shove it off on a pharmacist who does not know the particulars of a case. If a erroneous RX is filled by a pharmacist, they are legally just as culpable as the DR. They realize that their actions have consequeces and they have the right not to do something they feel may be harmful or immoral.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Sure there are 2 sides to every story but I look at this way. If you take a job and know what your responsibilities are from the start then you sure ought to do your job. If your job offends your sensibilities then quit.

To me its just like the gals and guys who joined the National Guard for the benefits and went to school on govt money. Easy money but then they get orders to go to Iraq or Afghanistan. They scream and moan "OOOH Noooo! I can't do that! I can't take a human life and I have little ones -- blah blah blah." Hey buddy, don't sign on if you aren't willing to do your job.

I won't ask other people to do what I won't do myself -- and I expect that of others though I'm most often disappointed.

By the way, I don't believe in abortion but I don't believe in hypocrisy either.

RIKA

·
Registered
6 Posts
I hear you. I just do not know that I could call it hyprocrisy until I hear both sides of the story. Not just the side that the left-leaning media gives out. Even then it would just be my opinion and in the end there is only one judge.

I do respect your opinion and your right to choose. Free will is what separates us from animals and freedom is what makes this country great and should be advanced world wide.

As far as Iraq, I have been to Bosnia, Kosovo and 2X to Iraq . I missed all of the army's other little fun field trips. I was put out to pasture because of a stupid mistake during a CONUS field problem. My own fault, totally. I definately agree with you on some of the NG. Some of them are pretty squared away. Some of them used to make me mad. I remember at bragg and campbell they would come to summer camp and complain that they did not have full PX, commissary priveledges or med and dental benefits but when they got deployed for real you would hear about some complaining how much money they were losing only getting RA pay. Know you know why regular army has those benefits, buster. They were a slap in the face to the good-to-go reserve componants. There were some regular army GI's that pulled off some junk, too.

I better get off here. I did not mean to stoke anyone.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Hey BB#1, I'm not angry. We're having a little discussion and I respect your opinion. I'm just blabbing about "the way things ought to be" ( :D ). This is a hot topic that pushes many folk's hot buttons. I'm not hot because there is a power that will take care of such things.

Stay around and discuss guns and survival with us.

Peace.

RIKA

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Rika,

I appreciate the invitation. I do not know boo about guns, MRE's and
T-Rats suck, and I am not into sleeping outside anymore so I do not think I am much into guns or survival.

I am into hunting still and I do have a legit problem that I need help with. I have some pretty cool stuff from my grandfather. He died way before I was born, so I do not know the real deal on the stuff. I have his WW1 dogtags, complete with green shoe string. This is the only thing I know was his.

I also have some trench art that I question because it is too good to have come from my family. Paint-by-numbers gives us the fits.

The problem is a M1911. I question this too because I know for a fact he was enlisted. I thought this was an officer's weapon and in later wars used by tankers. This thing is in pretty nice shape for its age. Here's my problem, though. There were spots that looked like small crystals or salt deposits. This thing was just wrapped up in a rag in a cedar box forever. When I got it, I lubed it up and put it in a small safe with a dessicant. Now the crystals are getting bigger. I do not want to remove more of the finish trying to get rid of the crystals. This junk is even on the grips.

Any suggestions on how to get rid of the stuff without further damage? I probably should post this in a different forum on this site.

Well, the family should be back from her parent's soon. I better go over the to-do-list so I can come up with new excuses why I needed to not go and did nothing on the list. Vacation is almost over, too.

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
krept said:
Not to turn this into a theological debate... but in my opinion, one should let the supreme being/creator, etc. be the "judge." There are too many twisted opinions, too much hypocracy, when it comes to moral and immoral behaivor when someone elses health and emotional well being are at stake. Apparently, to this pharmacist, there is no "why" sufficient enough for him to give a contraceptive... why does the pharmacist work in a place where they sell it? "Yes, we have what you need and I am one of the only ones that can give it to you but I refuse to give it to you."

that's just crazy. I don't understand... "let he who is free of sin cast the first stone" and all that...

dammit-KREPT!,,,,an eternal,,,,,classic!!!

B,T.W, how is that mild bump in the SPEED OF LIFE???

as you!,,, KNOW!,, IFFIN' YOU "YOU",,,,'i.e.,,,famaile[bean-lingo]
don't make it to "T", with the whole,,,troop!
i'm fixin' to ,whip-out!!! :dgrin:

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
BB#1, handguns were also carried by NCO-s in WW1 and they were sold on the surplus market from time to time. Any number of ways your GrandDad could have gotten the pistol. I can't help with the "salt crystals" -- what size and color are they. Are they pitting the metal or just removing the finish?

You will get a lot better response if you post in the handguns section above.

RIKA

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
krept said:
Not to turn this into a theological debate... but in my opinion, one should let the supreme being/creator, etc. be the "judge." There are too many twisted opinions, too much hypocracy, when it comes to moral and immoral behaivor when someone elses health and emotional well being are at stake. . .I don't understand... "let he who is free of sin cast the first stone" and all that...
Unfortunately, taking that quote out of context (as you did here) is often used as an excuse by people to do nothing in the name of being fair, or even honoring God, when it's really so they don't have to step up to the plate and make a stand when it might cost them. Many atrocities have been aloowed to happen because of a foolhardy misapplication of "judge not!"

·
Registered
779 Posts
Many atrocities have been aloowed to happen because of a foolhardy misapplication of "judge not!"
The people misapplying this are invariably the ones commiting the atrocities.

AFA the pharmacist, he should have quit. Sometimes we pay a price for convictions.
It's not as if there aren't other pharmacies out there.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Hell yes, it's partly one's fault when one does not take adequate precautions. Women, especially petite women, are heavily at risk. To not take action to reduce that risk is not smart at all.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts