Arms Locker banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forum looked a little bare,

So please let us know what your favorite/worst S&W gun? Reasons and details would be appreciated.

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

·
Registered
7,322 Posts
my favorite S&W is my model 27 6" .357mag. i guess one of the things that makes it special is this was the first magnum revolver.mine is a like new in box 1968 vintage piece.

THE 2ND AMENDMENT PROTECTS US ALL.....

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I beleive one of my first guns was a SS 4" 686 357 magnum. Was a very good gun,, never had any problems with it.

Have had a few semi autos as well 5906, 6909, and such, liked them all pretty much.

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

·
Registered
187 Posts
:rolleyes: Let's see? Never had a bad S&W - except, if you want to count, a Model 19 I blew up, once, while using Super Vel ammo.

My two favorite S&W revolvers are the Model 27 and the Model 29. I own several of each; and I find it impossible to decide which model I like better. They're both, 'N' frames; but each caliber has its distinct advantages. I love the 44mag for long range pistol shooting; I've tried shooting PPC matches with it - No good, way too slow. For PPC, I'll stick with the Model 27 and 357mag. cartridges loaded way down to, almost, wadcutter velocity.

In the, 'If I ruled the world' catagory: I wish S&W made a strong semi-automatic pistol. I own a beautiful customized Model 59; but I have no illusions - It'll never run with a Colt Government Model. ;)

·
Registered
9,614 Posts
S&W M66, I have conservatively 40,000+ rds of .38+P through mine since I bought it back in '86. Spent a year using it as a competition gun in the revolver category of IPSC. Minimal repairs required in 34 years. Can use with "powder puff" loads to train new shooters of if required can take down medium sized game.

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
The one I've used the most is a 4" 681 that I've had for 25-27 years; bought to replace a 4" 586 as a more weather-resistant 'woods gun'. My favorite S&W now is a 986 Performance Center revolver; a 7-shot 9mm that uses moon clips.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts