Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ammo, in fighting, in ALL of WW2? :) that was against BOLT actions, yet. But YOU guys are going to be STUPID enough to CONTINUALLY, AND REPEATEDLY get caught without your RIFLE, and against AUTORIFLES, and you are going to save the day by MISSING a lot with your little pistol. Well it aint so. When everyone is carrying an auto rifle, if you have more than 2-3 occasions that you need more than 2-3 shots to make it to your rifle, you aint GONNA make it, period. So why PLAN on being stupid enough to not KEEP your autorifle at HAND, hmm?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,944 Posts
More real experienceliving in the woods will teach you that you cannot carry your rifle 100% of the time.

Pistols were used a LOT in the vicious combat of the Russian Front. The troops in Iraq have used pistols a lot for CQB and many Marines are now recommending that everyne be issued a sidearm.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,815 Posts
223 fan said:
ammo, in fighting, in ALL of WW2? :) that was against BOLT actions, yet. But YOU guys are going to be STUPID enough to CONTINUALLY, AND REPEATEDLY get caught without your RIFLE, and against AUTORIFLES, and you are going to save the day by MISSING a lot with your little pistol. Well it aint so. When everyone is carrying an auto rifle, if you have more than 2-3 occasions that you need more than 2-3 shots to make it to your rifle, you aint GONNA make it, period. So why PLAN on being stupid enough to not KEEP your autorifle at HAND, hmm?
MELVIN, this forum is not about war, it is about survival.

Somewhere, in the deep dark recesses of, your undeveloped mind, you should realize that, and get on topic.

Nobody is fighting a war here. You wouldn't survive a war anyway, with the drivel you post as facts.

If it ever did actually become a war here, you would be a one day wonder -- one day, and you would be done for.

Bill
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,695 Posts
Ever tried to take a dump while holding a locked and loaded FN? I have! If the balloon ever goes up while you have your drawers dropped, you better be very talented! Ever tried carrying a large box and a rifle, 2 jerrycans of water and a rifle, a load of firewood and a rifle, etc?

And then there are those moments that we have to face somebody, that unlike yourself actually has some knowledge of how to employ his rifle properly. If and when that happens, you just might need more than 3 rds to extract yourself from the situation. You should really clean your crystal ball.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so what? That does NOT mean that

you are going to SURVIVE by MISSING a lot with a pistol. :) dumbasses. NOBODY used a pistol much at all, and lived to tell about it, except thru pure LUCK. while you MIGHT need to sling a lw compact rifle a lot, and lay it aside (within REACH) now and then, that does NOT mean that you will survive by firing lots of pistol rds, on lots of occasions. you people have a SEVERE case of Rambo fantasies.

If you "think" that shtf WONT mean the most horrible war-conditions ever SEEN, you are one ignorant <font color=red>[**censored**]</font>.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,890 Posts
You don't have to shoot a lot, or miss a lot to go through the mystical 30 rounds of pistol ammo.

You also have this misconception that everyone will be rushing to fight, SHTF. Not so, people will realize the dangers of the lack of medical care, extreme difficulty in going it alone, and will, for the most part, cooperate. Only criminals will be picking fights, and once a few of them have been made examples (by getting a very slow, very bad death), most of them will curb their tendencies.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,014 Posts
Garand said:
Ever tried to take a dump while holding a locked and loaded FN?
No, but I have (and fired!) with a .410 bore shotgun while squirrel hunting, but I don't think anyone is interested in THAT story.

KJ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bs, you'd BETTER kill 10 men with 30 shots

or you wont make it, and that's a LOT of mistakes to be making, when everyone is carrying an autorifle. You have no CLUE how fast, how MANY men will deteriorate to cannabilism. It wont take take 2 months, in a lot of cases. They will be raping and killing for food within a week, in MOST cases, not just a few. They really have any CHOICE, because they aint GOT a week's supply of food, and wont have any other way of getting any, either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,014 Posts
> They will be raping and killing for food

I don't think many people rape for food, 223 Fan.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,695 Posts
Any idiot convict that manages to escape after the balloon goes up will have any weapon that he can find. Be it semi auto, bolt action, shotgun, pistol, revolver, knife, shive, whatever! Most will be too stupid to take more than 3 boxes of ammo because they are scared that it will weigh to much!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,890 Posts
Garand said:
Any idiot convict that manages to escape after the balloon goes up will have any weapon that he can find. Be it semi auto, bolt action, shotgun, pistol, revolver, knife, shive, whatever! Most will be too stupid to take more than 3 boxes of ammo because they are scared that it will weigh to much!

Given the usual criminal's choice of weaponry, and their skill with it, the most dangerous place to be is NEXT to the guy they're shooting at. I hate to say it, but GK probably has 100x the knowledge and skill with weapons than 99% of the criminals, career or one-timer, out there. Too bad he doesn't realize this, as he'd give up on his convict army idea.
 
G

·
Expect immediate summary executions of any crimianl bands found in any SHTF. The people will not hold court. They will not look for a defense lawyer. They will not worry about evidence. And they very much will not wait for a higher court ruling.

As they have found, the BEST way to stop criminal activity is DEATH. Jail is the next best and that is what is used today.

Any criminal army will be dealt with in a very exterminating fashion. Just look at how many trained military people we now have from Desert Storm and the Iraq war. We have been in so many little wars for the last 20 years there are many veterans out there now that know tactics and weapons.

No, don't be afraid of some crimianal army. With leadership like Gunkids, they will be very easy to destroy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,815 Posts
Unregistered said:
Expect immediate summary executions of any crimianl bands found in any SHTF. The people will not hold court. They will not look for a defense lawyer. They will not worry about evidence. And they very much will not wait for a higher court ruling.

As they have found, the BEST way to stop criminal activity is DEATH. Jail is the next best and that is what is used today.

Any criminal army will be dealt with in a very exterminating fashion. Just look at how many trained military people we now have from Desert Storm and the Iraq war. We have been in so many little wars for the last 20 years there are many veterans out there now that know tactics and weapons.

No, don't be afraid of some crimianal army. With leadership like Gunkids, they will be very easy to destroy.
The TARD, aka gunkid is a leader? Surely you give him much, to much credit.

The TARD couldn't lead himself, to the outhouse, without someone showing him the way.

If SHTF does occur, martial law would probably be declared within 48 hours, or less.

Summary executions? Probably could happen, but the executioners themselves would most likely be executed under martial law by the government.

Bill
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,695 Posts
Wasn'y there some Navy Petty Officer in Vietnam who was a competition shooter stateside that used a .45 to defend a helicopter crash sight for a couple of hours until rescue helicopters got into position?? I think he was awarded the CMH??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,815 Posts
Garand said:
Wasn'y there some Navy Petty Officer in Vietnam who was a competition shooter stateside that used a .45 to defend a helicopter crash sight for a couple of hours until rescue helicopters got into position?? I think he was awarded the CMH??
Thats a story I would like to read, if it is available.

Bill
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,695 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,815 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,815 Posts
223 fan said:
ammo, in fighting, in ALL of WW2? :) that was against BOLT actions, yet. But YOU guys are going to be STUPID enough to CONTINUALLY, AND REPEATEDLY get caught without your RIFLE, and against AUTORIFLES, and you are going to save the day by MISSING a lot with your little pistol. Well it aint so. When everyone is carrying an auto rifle, if you have more than 2-3 occasions that you need more than 2-3 shots to make it to your rifle, you aint GONNA make it, period. So why PLAN on being stupid enough to not KEEP your autorifle at HAND, hmm?
TARD, you blithering idiot. Garand just posted proof. Read it, and be educated, IDIOT!

Bill
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,944 Posts
This may come as a shock to at least one person here, but in WWII there were a vast number of personal automatic weapons used, not just bolt actions. The Garand, the MP40 series, the PPSH series, etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,944 Posts
http://www.army.mil/cmh-pg/mohiib1.htm
WWII Medal of Honor recipients

*MARTIN, HARRY LINN

Rank and organization: First Lieutenant, U.S. Marine Corps Reserve. Born: 4 January 1911, Bucyrus, Ohio. Appointed from. Ohio. Citation: For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty as platoon leader attached to Company C, 5th Pioneer Battalion, 5th Marine Division, in action against enemy Japanese forces on Iwo Jima, Volcano Islands, 26 March 1945. With his sector of the 5th Pioneer Battalion bivouac area penetrated by a concentrated enemy attack launched a few minutes before dawn, 1st Lt. Martin instantly organized a firing line with the marines nearest his foxhole and succeeded in checking momentarily the headlong rush of the Japanese. Determined to rescue several of his men trapped in positions overrun by the enemy, he defied intense hostile fire to work his way through the Japanese to the surrounded marines. Although sustaining 2 severe wounds, he blasted the Japanese who attempted to intercept him, located his beleaguered men and directed them to their own lines. When 4 of the infiltrating enemy took possession of an abandoned machinegun pit and subjected his sector to a barrage of hand grenades, 1st Lt. Martin, alone and armed only with a pistol, boldly charged the hostile position and killed all of its occupants. Realizing that his few remaining comrades could not repulse another organized attack, he called to his men to follow and then charged into the midst of the strong enemy force, firing his weapon and scattering them until he fell, mortally wounded by a grenade. By his outstanding valor, indomitable fighting spirit and tenacious determination in the face of overwhelming odds, 1st Lt. Martin permanently disrupted a coordinated Japanese attack and prevented a greater loss of life in his own and adjacent platoons. His inspiring leadership and unswerving devotion to duty reflect the highest credit upon himself and the U.S. Naval Service. He gallantly gave his life in the service of his country.
 
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Top