Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Well, If I Can Remember All The Way Back To 1962 ...

:flamethr: The first one was a little automatic that I bought on impulse - simply because it looked so good with it's nicely blued finish and vent-ribbed slide: It was a llama 32acp. It shot well; I liked it; but it didn't get, 'no respect' from all the older gunmen I met. So I traded it in for something they would respect: a Colt Python w/ a 6" barrel - beautiful! I kept that Python for many years until, one day when my motorcycle insurance came due, I had to sell it to meet the premium. Gad Zeus, what a stupid thing that was to do! :unhappy:

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Blasphemy! When I die, all of my Colt Pythons are going into the casket with me..... :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
I think the Browning BDA380 was the third handgun I ever bought. Very nice piece.
I would agree with you Rich, this is a nice gun but! For a .380 it's HUGE! One of the few guns I didn't see a reason to have so I sold mine as well. Bought a Sig .40 to replace it and I honestly think the .40 is smaller.

The price on these has seeming gone up as the large size seems to appeal to some of those big guys. The BDM on the other hand is one of the best felling guns I own.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
a new model blackhawk in,u guessed it,.41 mag.i bought it from a co-worker who was liquidating assets(divorce).i thought my head would split from the smile on my face the first time i touched it off.it is still the gun i grab when i go into the woods.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Remington/Rand 45 acp that my Great Uncle Milford gave me for a graduation gift.
Great Uncle Milford sure must have been a great guy and he certainly gave great gifts!

·
Registered
605 Posts
I was given 3 handguns by my dad when I was about 16. A Ruger Bearcat (Mom has that one) a colt single action .22 (traded that one) and a rebuilt Colt peace maker (that one is in dad's safe again).
The first gun I bought was a Ruger Blackhawk in .357 mag with a 6 3/4 in. barrel back in '76. That's the gun I carried as a hunting guide in Montana.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts