Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
I'm planning on a four inch .357 magnum with adjustable sights for carry and utility and it will be fed a lot of cast lead bullets. These days, I buy on price so it depends upon what happens along. My first choice is a toss up between a pinned barrel S&W 19 or 28 and a Ruger Security Six or GP-100; I'll take a 4 and 5/8 inch Blackhawk if the price is right.

·
Registered
10,270 Posts
A semi auto STEN Gun, for WW2 re-enacting.

·
Registered
55 Posts
An IAC 1887, or a Lee Enfield Mk 1 No.3 SMLE - maybe a mk 4, I don't know much about them. I might even get a mosin 91/30, however the prices for those here are criminal! some places ask over $700 for one in average condition!

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Just bought a Mosin Nagant 91/30 at a gun show this past Saturday. Had been looking for a Remington 700 VTR (only one at the show but it was not in a claiber I wanted) and a Remington Model 8 in .35 Rem (but did not see even one of them). The way I have been thinking lately, I will probably pick up the Remington 700 VTR in 308 as my next.

All the best,
GB

·
Registered
611 Posts
I once had a Remington Model 8 in .35 Remington and it was a delightful rifle.

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
I've got a Banish Suppressor on order and I'm looking for a .45 Schofield replica.

·
Registered
6,524 Posts
No new complete guns, but I do have a CMMG Resolute lower on order currently. Ordered in April, will probably not ship until September; maybe August.

·
Registered
6,524 Posts
Received an email from cmmg saying that “it shouldn’t be too much longer” on a Resolute lower that’s on order.

It'll be 16 weeks tomorrow that I ordered it, to go on the resolute upper that I've had for over a year now. Really like their setup; currently it's using a lower from another (normal) AR, and using 223 Pmags with internal adapters that cmmg came up with that feed 9mm rounds from normal AR Pmags:

That's handy for drills and practice since it mimics the normal AR handling, but this Resolute-specific lower would not only let it use more space-efficient glock magazines like the Banshee does, it would also free up the lower currently on it to go back to its original 223 gun.

In CMMG’s defense, they did warn ahead of time that there could be 20+ week turnaround times, so they were absolutely up front about it. Hopefully not a whole lot longer, but we'll see...

Reactions: BigEd

·
Registered
10,270 Posts
I'm still on the fence for a 1911 in 10mm, trying to justify what more it will do that my current 1911's won't.

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
I'm a terrible impulse buyer. I see it, I want it, I buy it. If Wisconsin didn't have "buy it, walk out with it" laws I may not be as bad. No, that's not true. I still would be.

• Haha

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I'm a terrible impulse buyer. I see it, I want it, I buy it. If Wisconsin didn't have "buy it, walk out with it" laws I may not be as bad. No, that's not true. I still would be.
I only laugh because I can be as bad or worse sometimes.

Currently eyeballing the Competition version of the Taurus TX22 rhat is able to take a optic.
But too much going on at the moment.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'd go for something nice from H&K. (Prolly a P30 or a compact USP in 45 ACP of course!) 😀

·
Registered
10,270 Posts

Ya, can I relate. Last Cowboy match Swap meet I picked a "like new" Chinese Winchester M97, that had been only slightly modified. I looked it over good, racked the action a few times no problem, only $330.00, not a problem. Later that night I racked the action about 14-15 times and I noticed the hammer starting to follow the bolt forward. A couple of days later I took it to the range to try it with low velocity (1300 fps) rifled slugs. I fired 2 rounds and the magazine tube, the slide handle, and the magazine cover separated from the shotgun.

I'm trying to decide now if I want to dump money into it or sell it as a parts gun.

• Wow

·
Registered
6,524 Posts
I'd go for something nice from H&K. (Prolly a P30 or a compact USP in 45 ACP of course!) 😀
I'd never owned an HK until a year ago, when I picked up a P30SK. It's become my primary ccw gun and I've been hugely happy with it. But in 9mm of course... 😁

Reactions: Pistolero

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
Five months into the suppressor, no idea how much longer.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts