Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Banned
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to make a rotating sear that held the bolt in the open position. Where such a sear needed to be, the magazine well was. So the sear had to be made to work around the mag. PITA, and it brought no more money than the (far simpler to modify) Tec-9's. 3 welds, and a bit of grinding had the Tec-9's firing full-auto, from the open bolt. Some of them required a bit of modification to the extractor, or the bolt would not always slam shut on a rd.

Registered
Not trying to argue about it but we had one of the early open bolt but semi auto ones; in the family.
It was just had for fun iirc in the process of getting it set for a form 1 and all before my father got cancer.
I remember something about the trigger package being fixed on a block that also prevented the full collapse of the telescoping portion of the stock.馃槓
Kind of a mess and all.
Doing the form 1 would have been better if it was for the FA then the stock part would have been a moot point.
Since it was bought through a fellow who was also a class III dealer it would of been even better to get a regular Full Auto one as it was pre-86 year wise.

Registered
I had a Tec-9 and a Tec-22 a long time ago. Both of them were closed bolt. They were initially fun to play with, but weren't real practical for anything I wanted to do.

Reactions: BigEd

Registered
Same conclusion I came to with most "pistols" like that.
I also had a full size Tec 9 closed bolt. Long barrel and shroud. And that I heard was actually easy to covert even accidentally something to do with long over travel and trying to fix that with a stop screw in the grip. Or so I've heard.馃槆

1 - 5 of 5 Posts