Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

when I escaped from the Feds, mud meant

2K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  Garand 
#1 ·
that the most effective way of moving was to hike the RR tracks. I stuck to night movement, and stayed in the woods all day. I found that a watch was far more important than one would think for such an endeavor. RR ties are DELIBERATELY spaced "wrong" for you to walk upon. Either your heel or the ball of your foot WILL go off of the ties, about every other step. 15 miles of such hiking just KILLS your ankles, even if you are routinely walking 25+ miles a day, on "flat track". So there's a big tendency to quit,convincing yourself that it's "nearly dawn", when it's actually only 1-2pm. It gets dark at 6 PM,winters, so,while it's true that you've been walking for 7-8 hours, you COULD rest .5-1.0 hour, and still have 3+hours of walking, cover another 6 miles or more. The watch will tell you that.

#3 ·
Wasn't long ago, you were talking about how a watch is worthless, your just too funny sometimes. Kudos on your daring crosscountry trek along the RR tracks though, that must have took some real skill trying not to step between the ties. Staying on the RR tracks was very clever, no one would ever think to watch that abscure natural line of drift.

Was this a serious post or were you just trying to be silly?

Teuf,

#5 ·
He allegedly spent 10 days on the run, then he gave himself up to the nearest police officer, whining about 3 hots and a cot! Gunkid, bad news, if the balloon actually goes up, there might not be a nice policeman to cry to!

#6 ·
Just for the record, He has no escape listed in his record. What a shock.

#7 ·
Supposedly he did it from Tara Heute (sp) in Illinios(sp).

#8 ·
Garand said:
Supposedly he did it from Tara Heute (sp) in Illinios(sp).
USP Terre Haute, is in Indiana, not Illinois. No way he escaped from there. There is a Federal Prison Camp there, that you could walk away from, hardly an "escape". But there is no record of his being on escape status.

#12 ·
Ya! It's The Hamilton Center!

and one can pretty much just 'walk off' from the 'prison' camp grounds.

thanks.

#13 ·
So gunkid, what did the schrinks say was wrong with you??

#14 ·
He sure is a real liar. And now we know he (as if we didn't know) he has allot of 'issues' in his noggen.

#15 ·
Terry G, can you tell us the charge that gunkid was incarcerated in Terra Heute for, and whether it was in the jail or the nut house?

#16 ·
I don't want to move away from what is freedom of information and what is not. USP Terre Haute is a high-security prison that does not contain a mental unit. However, every Federal Prison, with the exception of camps, has 5 to 6% of the population that is being medicated and monitored as mental disorder inmates. As a multiple offender it's possible he was in the USP, but I doubt it. More likely at the camp, awaiting release.

#17 ·
Gunkid, please describe your escape in detail.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.