Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
at that point in time. I asked him how many of them had known he was anywhere around, he replied" Not many, maybe a dozen. He later told me:" don't let this go to your head, but you're the best trainee I've ever taught.". He gave me a Kabar before I left for S. Africa. Said, Don't sell this, lose it, trade it, or give it away, and don't get it taken off of your dead body, either". :)

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
Sounds like your a Wannabe. Somebody else's war stories told in a bar doesn't mean that you will survive.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Make yourself important by claiming association with others - thats Gunkid. I'll bet he doesn't have the Kabar any more - if it ever existed.

RIKA

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Isn't this the same Goonkid that thinks large bladed (7 1/2" included :rolleyes: ) knives are useless? Like the Ka-Bar?

LOL

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
andy said:
He gave me a Kabar before I left for S. Africa.

..after talking to you, I'm curious where he put it when he handed it over.....lol

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just left it in my mom's attic. I never said that they are USELESS. That's just yet ANOTHER indicator that you can't READ properly. What I said, <font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font>, is that for the same size and wt, there are BETTER gear choices. More versatile, at the least, less likely to be RUINED for one task, by trying to do some other task with it. For instance, lets say I badly need to pry off, cut, etc, a hasp, or some such, to enter a building, open a drum, free up a boat, or some such. I ruin the Bowie by trying such, instead of using the Skatchet and the chisel blade of the SOG multitool. Or I try to CUT a screw or bolt, instead of just TURNING it loose, using the SOG's ratcheting plier jaws. Or I waste hours TRYING to get a shaving edge on the Bowie, so that I can shave hair from around a wound, instead of just using the straight razor.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Ah, so you DO have a larger knife, at least a medium sized one.

You still need the bigger knife when dressing out game and other tasks. That straight razor won't do the job. There is no substitute for a decent sheath knife.

It doesn't take 'hours' to put a hair flinging edge on a Kabar. Go to Walmart and they sell the EZ-Lap 1"x3" diamond hone for $6. It's also small enough to put into a pouch on your knife sheath and it comes with a leather pouch of it's own for storing it in your pocket

1 - 7 of 7 Posts