Arms Locker banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it shocked me. Just a springloaded rocker to catch the front of the bolt, firing pin protruding from breechface, and a springloaded trigger. if you have access to a bandsaw, you can make this lockwork in an hour. :) I made the bolts in 3 pcs, a hunk of 3/4" OD rod, a hunk of 1 3/8" OD tubing, 1/4" wall thickness and a 1/4" thick "washer" to fill in the space between those 2 parts. filled the back of the bolt with lead, so it and the receiver could be much shorter. Once you've made one of these, you can convert any blow back pistol into full auto. Uzi, tec 9, mac10, it's all very simple

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
but I have no practical experience. Just ask Garand about that! :) also ask the ATF, who raided the barn I'd made them in, in Wilmington, CA, back in 1985. they brought in a chopper, a swat team, a dog team, they had everyone EXCEPT GK. The night before I sold those ATF snitches the smg's, I had my friend come get all my stuff about 2 am. I even took the stump I testfired down into, all the fired cases, and WD40's the entire area. ATF handed me $2200 for 5 of them and sent back the 6th SMG! they wanted to be able to tell a judge that they KNEW I had one, you see. REally protecting you, aint they? When I got my money, I told the fools I was going to the convenience store, and they never saw me again. My homeboy was driving around the block. I paged him and we left. :) 10 months later, ATF was STILL mad about that one ! :)

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
building the rocker/sear around the mag well of the Mac 10 was a pita. converting the Tec9's was a 1 hour job, tho, just 3 welds and a bit of grinding.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
How was the reliability on the Tec9 conversions? I never saw a semi automatic Tec 9 that could go more than a few rounds without 3 or 4 different types of malfunction or parts failures.... Admittedly, this was 1986; so maybe some production lines were better than others; but they didn't inspire much in the way of confidence.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How was the reliability on the Tec9 conversions? I never saw a semi automatic Tec 9 that could go more than a few rounds without 3 or 4 different types of malfunction or parts failures.... Admittedly, this was 1986; so maybe some production lines were better than others; but they didn't inspire much in the way of confidence.

mine worked fine. Had to demo each one before anyone would buy them. You have to knock the corner off of the extractor, cause you are slam firing, the rd is not sliding up the breechface, under the extractor. instead, the extractor is jumping over the rim from the rear

Problem with tec 9, on full auto, is the plastic receiver breaks out in rear, you can drastically reduce this problem, but not eliminate it, by shortening the bolt by 1/2", drilling it out, filling it with lead. This slows down the cyclic rate by 50% or so, and makes room for another neoprene buffer at the rear of the receiver

you can put a washer on either side of the stop, front and rear, I mean, weld a stud to the rear one and use a wingnut to mount a tubular buttstock, but the handgun sights won't work when held up to your face. so they need weld or epoxy conversion to v notch and post sight type

but I have no practical experience. Just ask Garand about that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts