Arms Locker banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
even a wussy 650 fps lrn 230 gr, it felt like a hammer hitting me, but that was probably because of the bullet impacting my cowboy style belt buckle. it hit at about a 45 degree angle and bounced off. I was 18, 1970, at tuttle's Shell station on S 6th St, spld, ILL. The guy who shot me, THINKING it was a primer only wax load, was named John Riley, my co-worker on the 4 to midnight shift.

I had no adrenalin "up" of course, complete surprise. But it was definitely an eye opener. Plenty of guys, tho, never even feel multiple hits with 357 jhp's. I've seen the scars on their chests, front and back.

Harry Claflin was blown off his feet by a grenade in the muck right in front of him. He took a couple of 30 AK rds, one thru high, side chest and another thru shoulder and was still trying to get out of his pack harness, big Radio, etc, when a buddy cut the guy in half with an M14. Harry had a grease gun, this was on the plains of Jars, in Laos. The guy was spraying as he charged, never hit Harry until he was standing at his feet. you don't want to be trying to lug around 80 lbs in a fight, and Harry was UDT, before the Seals got going.

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
even a wussy 650 fps lrn 230 gr, it felt like a hammer hitting me, but that was probably because of the bullet impacting my cowboy style belt buckle. it hit at about a 45 degree angle and bounced off. I was 18, 1970, at tuttle's Shell station on S 6th St, spld, ILL. The guy who shot me, THINKING it was a primer only wax load, was named John Riley, my co-worker on the 4 to midnight shift.

I had no adrenalin "up" of course, complete surprise. But it was definitely an eye opener. Plenty of guys, tho, never even feel multiple hits with 357 jhp's. I've seen the scars on their chests, front and back.

Harry Claflin was blown off his feet by a grenade in the muck right in front of him. He took a couple of 30 AK rds, one thru high, side chest and another thru shoulder and was still trying to get out of his pack harness, big Radio, etc, when a buddy cut the guy in half with an M14. Harry had a grease gun, this was on the plains of Jars, in Laos. The guy was spraying as he charged, never hit Harry until he was standing at his feet. you don't want to be trying to lug around 80 lbs in a fight, and Harry was UDT, before the Seals got going.
Classified?

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't recall what happened to it. But I had lost it long before I went on the run. I later found out that the pos MEANT to shoot me with the wax load. I"d have beaten him silly for THAT. those thinge raise blood blisters man.

Has big George died, Joe? I can't think of his last name, from Gillespie. I called numerous times and always his wife answered, and I didn't want to cause her grief by asking about George.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts