Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it is a freaking DISASTER to have to fire your unsuppressed weapon. Sure, you might have saved yourself from the immediate threat, but then you're going to have 10-100 more who know of your armed presence and desperatelly want and need to kill you, to get your stuff and remove you as a threat. If you, however, know to be holed up during daylight, have NVD's, luminous sights, and a silencer, and you manage to kill them all with the first few shots, before they can even fire. nobody heard your silenced 223's more than half a mile distant. if you were able to use your subsonic 22 unit for the job, nobody heard you beyond 50 yds. Sure, maybe you have the issue of crows and buzzards revealing the bodies, but at least you'll have time to strip them, be gone from the area for a day or more, hide your tracks, etc. If your shot was at game, of course, you'll be hiding everything very well, utilizing most of it, burying the offal, using it as bait, etc. the very idea of NOT having a silencer for shtf is retarded.

·
Registered
10,758 Posts

·
Administrator
2,620 Posts
in no particular order:

I don't want luminous sights on my rifle. If you use NVDs, you would know why.
Doing ambushes with a .22 is a dumb idea, and will get you killed.
Doing ambushes by yourself is a bad idea
You aren't hiding your tracks if you are moving at night in darkness
If there are 10-100 armed people running around, sounds like they have formed a group (which you have claimed was impossible in other threads) they won't put up with someone who was so unprepared they they have to kill others for their gear.

there's a lot of "IFs" in your post. That seems like a lot of wishing and hoping that things go your way, instead of doing proper preparations up front.

you like these RAMBO fantasies of running around like an invisible Ninja killing indiscriminately for gear and supplies. Your life expectancy in these scenarios is a whole lot shorter than you think it is.

·
Registered
10,758 Posts
I cannot imagine a 70 year old Ninja!

Reactions: BigEd

·
Registered
7,391 Posts
I cannot imagine a 70 year old Ninja!
To be fair, not 70 yet; 69 in a few weeks. I took the time to learn some about him probably 12-15(?) years ago, before his most recent prison stint and he had threatened to kill my family. Don't recall if it was PN, Frugal's, his own forum, or where it was, but I was LE at the time and he talked about "putting down" my wife & kids because I wore "the enemy uniform". (Remember that, JMD? I don't recall what forum it was at the time, but I remember the words clearly.)

If I'd known at the time that he was just a passive daydreamer, I might not have bothered.

·
Registered
7,391 Posts
Weird yet interesting & entertaining how these older threads percolate up...

Threats like that need to be dealt with swiftly. An should be.
I would agree if I saw it as a real threat. At the time I didn't know him - and his stunning depths of cowardice in even conversational situations - but now, I know it's a lot like having one of Jerry's Kids threaten to beat you up. Basically, "okay; give it a shot if you feel up to it"; but you know they really don't want to even try. Nowadays, my sons are semi-freakish in their own right and could probably take me out; they're certainly in no danger from the likes of gunkid.

·
Administrator
2,481 Posts
It's been let me try and calculate the time 22-23 years ago, IiRC, someone but not me, almost went to Pagosa or Durango can't recall the town. And cleaned his clock. Luckily they got stopped and discouraged.
I'd have hated to see a young persons life ruined with felony record over a Class A Schmuck.
I'm still not going to disclose who it was as I promised not to tell.
This was over him running his alligator mouth on PN that almost got his hummingbird ass torn apart.

·
Administrator
2,620 Posts
it is a freaking DISASTER to have to fire your unsuppressed weapon. Sure, you might have saved yourself from the immediate threat, but then you're going to have 10-100 more who know of your armed presence and desperatelly want and need to kill you, to get your stuff and remove you as a threat. If you, however, know to be holed up during daylight, have NVD's, luminous sights, and a silencer, and you manage to kill them all with the first few shots, before they can even fire. nobody heard your silenced 223's more than half a mile distant. if you were able to use your subsonic 22 unit for the job, nobody heard you beyond 50 yds. Sure, maybe you have the issue of crows and buzzards revealing the bodies, but at least you'll have time to strip them, be gone from the area for a day or more, hide your tracks, etc. If your shot was at game, of course, you'll be hiding everything very well, utilizing most of it, burying the offal, using it as bait, etc. the very idea of NOT having a silencer for shtf is retarded.
Did it ever occur to you that if you're in a firefight against an armed opponent that is not using a suppressed weapon, your main argument fails miserably ? The other guys gun fire nullifies your argument that the suppressor won't draw in everyone else. The dead guy, assuming you win (not with your .22 unit you won't), alerts everyone that there's an armed guy in the area.

NVDs and luminous sights? go for it.

·
Registered
10,758 Posts
Did it ever occur to you that if you're in a firefight against an armed opponent that is not using a suppressed weapon, your main argument fails miserably ? The other guys gun fire nullifies your argument that the suppressor won't draw in everyone else. The dead guy, assuming you win (not with your .22 unit you won't), alerts everyone that there's an armed guy in the area.

NVDs and luminous sights? go for it.
That is not the way the fantasy script goes, never question the fantasy or Melvin will run away like a little girl or throw his teddy bear in the corner.

• Haha
Reactions: Dorobuta

·
Registered
7,391 Posts
when rifle armed hostile are all over it is a freaking DISASTER to have to fire your unsuppressed weapon.
"When rifle-armed hostiles are all over..." When exactly has this occurred other than in times of open war? Because in open war, a LOT of people on both sides are shooting unsuppressed weapons; which kind of renders the premise for this whole sermon basically moot, doesn't it?

·
Registered
10,758 Posts
Melvin, if the "balloon ever goes up", it will be come as you are for many people. Reality.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts