Arms Locker banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Missing out on a good deal (after the fact) or passing up a good deal (and kicking yourself in the butt for the next few years)?

I had a buddy that I haven't seen in a few months ask me if I've gotten anything new lately. I told him about the M1 Carbine that I recently picked up. He then told me that just last month he GAVE away a box of magazines, stripper clips, and ammo. He got rid of the M1 years ago and just found that box in his closet. That hurts. He said that they would have been mine if he knew I had one.

Or last year I was at a local show...it was small but there was a seller with a preban "Sendra" Ar15. (Sendra is what Bushmaster used to be called). He was asking $950 for it. I was a few hundred short on me and I had already maxxed out on ATM withdrawals that morning. I went home to get the rest from my wife (and like and idiot, didn't say anything to the seller) I lived pretty close to the show and figured it would be there when I got back. It wasn't. I am still ticked that I mishandled that situation.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'll Never forget THIS one!

Spotted a Chilean Mauser in a pawn shop, sporterized and scoped. It had been hunted with a lot and the stock showed it, but the metal was in great shape and the price was good. Told the pawnbroker I'd be back from the ATM in a few minutes... came back and the crud had sold it to someone with 'plastic':crying: Had'nt even locked the safe:(

*Revenge* :dgrin: That's when I suggested that he have a closer look at the scope that was riding the Mauser.....A nice prewar ZEISS!
Thought he'd stroke out:D

U

·
0 Posts
I've never let such things bother me

hell, you MIGHT have won the lottery, if you'd just bought the right ticket, too. I've never once bought such a ticket, either.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Got a better deal anyway.

When I was scouting around the pawn shops for a nice shotgun to pistol grip, I came acrost a used shotgun for $180 and kept looking. By the time I got back they told me they had already sold it. They said they'd have another simmilar to it on order, so I went back and bought that for a total of $250. Brand new, didn't have any of the scratches the old one did. It worked out for the better.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Definately passing up the deal! Passed on an Uzi .22lr conversion w/blowmolded case, 3 30rnd mags and instructions in Hebrew being sold by an Immigrea from the "Holy Land". Brought it with him pre-ban. Do I kick my self?:smash: To this day...
anodes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts