Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
1,120 Posts
Well speaking realistically, I would have to grab from what I have so it would either be my Remington 870 or my Yugo SKS if I could only have one. Of course I would want to grab a brace of pistols too - but you did say just one.

Now if I had money to buy, I would go right out and buy something in a .308 for when the SHTF - you know something like an AR15 but in that larger caliber.

Back to what I have on hand, I am going to go out on a limb and say the Yugo just because of longer distance capabilities, and because I could carry lots more ammo. That would be a tough call from what is on hand and because under such circumstances I would not leave with just one – but that’s it. By the way, if things are that bad - can I go to my local firearms store and commandeer some weapons??????:) :D ;)

· Premium Member
1,120 Posts
I too thought about taking a .22LR, but since this was a civil unrest type of thing I opted for a larger further reaching caliber. If the question had been what rifle would I take for survival - then out of those on hand I would have chosen one in .22LR.

Rethinking my pick of .308, if I could not find one at hand I would also readily grab a Ruger Mini 30 or Mini 14, preferably the mini 30. But I have neither right now so I'll stick with the Yugo SKS.

· Premium Member
1,120 Posts
So I am guessing that NY is not one of those states! I wonder though - do you have to be a resident of any of those 25 sdtates to get this carry permit or can a New Yorker sneak in and grab one?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.