Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who does a coward hate? The brave man.

Who does the evil man hate? The good man.

Evil cowards hate the courage and character they lack.

Who, or what, does this remind you of?

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
I was going to say the Green Goblin and be funny but I'll seriously comment.

It is my belief that at some moment in our lives, each of us has been the coward, the evil one, the brave one and the good guy. Especially when seen through the eyes of others. Many people may be unwilling to admit this but I do.

Do brave men hate cowards? Good men, hate bad?

From Webster... Hate: intense hostility and aversion usually deriving from fear, anger, or sense of injury.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
For me, hate can only come from something done to you up close and personal. My thought of dealing with the bad guy isn't one of hate; its simply taking care of something filthy and disgusting and dangerous. It must be done in an efficient impersonal manner same as cleaning out the stable. If you take joy in the disposal act you will eventually destroy yourself.

RIKA

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Good, bad, I'm the one with the gun....

:devil:

·
Registered
6,042 Posts
IMO, hate makes no sense and serves no purpose. Hate isn’t the opposite of love; the opposite of love is indifference, which is why sociopaths are so dangerous. They just don’t care one way or the other.

I don’t hate cockroaches or spiders, but sometimes they need stepping on. As Rika pointed out, taking joy or pleasure in it doesn’t make sense. Even if a cockroach were truly evil and deserved killing, it still makes a mess on the floor. No pleasure in that, that I can see from a rational, logical perspective, but I do confess that I would probably take some measure of pleasure (or maybe just pride) in ridding the world of some of the true low-lifes that bomb schools, rape children, etc.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
John in AR said:
but I do confess that I would probably take some measure of pleasure (or maybe just pride) in ridding the world of some of the true low-lifes that bomb schools, rape children, etc.
Nothing wrong with that. Just like cleaning out the stables.

RIKA

·
Registered
6,042 Posts
Just like cleaning out the stables.

That's a great analogy; I'll probably use that sometime.

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
well, i made a post/statement on shootin' squirrel's noses off!

BUT DAMMIT! sometimes, sitting in the woods,certain entertainment,
is welcomed!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts